X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLEEK RACER

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
    Indeed.

Unlike a lot of people in the air racing community, Dave Rose has actually DONE some stuff, rather than just talk about it.
    Hats of for David Rose !

Great looking record braker.

I just months ago mentioned about this kinda imaginary concept a plane small enuf with two chevys and independent contras...I am totally speechless. I never really believed a tandem position for the chevies could be done....

Anyone seen the spinner for this racer yet ?

Paint/color schemes tought about yet ?

Great work David Rose !

rgds,

Juke
    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: BALONEY SLICER

Hmmm...Could this design fit the Super Sport class? Big block X2 would/could/may be under 1000 c.i.. Make/sell a couple of kits and go racing?

Comment

Maybe, but who is going to buy them to make the 5 kit limit?

Comment

The first five people in line when word gets out that it goes 500+ and turns...

Comment

For those that repeat the past because they do not learn from it,

They made fun of the tiny little fragile looking racer, all the greats knew this fragile little flash in the pan that had arrived was a joke, it took big racers to win in this class, with monstrous big engines ALL the former champions made lite of its compact size, but in a couple years their big Offenhauser and Novi Roadsters were museum pieces and they were lining up at Colin Chapman's door to by the little Lotus that Jim Clark had. Knowledge is only good if you use it to learn, otherwise it is only trivia.
            John Slack

Comment

anybody know where the plane is located?

Comment

Here is a small article on it:

Comment

Originally posted by rjmech

Wrong airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                    Wright airplane.

You funny lady......

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                      Wrong airplane.
                      Yeppers! The photo shows Mach Buster's business end, but the article is about Renegade...

Funny, if you click the view photos link, you get several Reno-related shots, none of which involve Mr. Rose or Renegade (nice shots though)...

Comment

I like it, I think the sport needs more innovation like this even the best of designs needed some tweeking.

Comment

They laughed at Bede, they laughed at Rutan, they laughed at the French Flea, (ok we still laugh at the Flea). The way to silence people, is to FLY. Until then it's just an expensive engineering exercise.
                          Best of luck to him, but until it flies, it's just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3
                            Not knocking anyone here, but those engines installed are big blocks. I'm not aware of any big block Nascar spec engines. Cup cars use small blocks.
                            I do like the idea of using blocks though. Easier to make more power with more cubic inches. Lots of aftermarket goodies for them too.

Tommy
                            NASCAR is just a sanctioning body. The Silver Crown division of NASCAR runs Big Blocks.

I like the idea of it as well. What was the last motor innovation the Unlimiteds saw? ADI? Boil off?

Best wishes to Mr. Rose. That thing is WAY out of the box. I would love to see some more discusion on those crazy contra rotating blades on that thing.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
                              I like the idea of it as well. What was the last motor innovation the Unlimiteds saw?

Allison Rods in a Dwight Thorn Mouse, they came after Boil-offs, Nitrous, and special 3350 blower drives.
                              John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
                                NASCAR is just a sanctioning body. The Silver Crown division of NASCAR runs Big Blocks.
                                Sorry Fence...ain't no Silver Crown in NASCAR, that's a USAC division and they run small blocks (350-355 c.i.).

Comment

Working...
                                X