Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it's alright AAFOers please check in......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If it's alright AAFOers please check in......

I'm a thousand miles away, but the stunned feeling was palpable as I followed the news trickling in last night.

My deepest prayers are with all those directly affected, but also all those like me who may not have ever met anyone involved face-to-face, but have developed a huge respect and admiration over the years, and love this sport. I thank God that so many people I've talked to here have checked in, and pray that everyone else will too.

And yes, while the greatest sense of loss comes for the people, I agree with spacegrrrrl... the loss of a magnificent machine hurts too. Machines are inanimate and should never take any sort of precedence over human life, but so many human hands and lives put effort and care into those machines that a sense of loss to all of us is still there.

Comment

I was in a VIP booth as Jimmy pulled up, horrific, I am so sorry for the family of Jimmy and the fans. KC

Comment

Am physically okay. Was at the Gunslinger pits watching it unfold. Now I can't get it out of my head.

Blue skies Jimmy, thanks for being one of my heros.
        Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
        Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Still pretty shaken. Me and my people are all okay. There was a moment where the ghost was pointed directly at us. So sad.

Comment

Me, dad, mom and my son are all OK, were Standing between unlimiteds and breightling. Very sad faces all over the pits this morning, we have the NAG express office cleaned and packed and are moving the trailer to reno for tonight and heading home tomorrow morning early.

Wayne thanks for opening the board back up so we can communicate!

It is my ultimate wish to see everyone here next year, if there's anything we can do to help next year happen, let's make sure it gets communicated here

Take care all,

Curtis Cash and family.

Comment

Physically OK, but mentally not. I just cannot wrap my head around this whole thing. It seems like a bad dream, it's so surreal. I cannot even imagine how the families of the ones that were lost feel. That's all i can say........Prayers and good wishes going out to EVERYONE that's been affected by this. One of the saddest days of my life........Thank you Jimmy for the many,many years of enjoyment. Godspeed and blue skies my friend..........Troy
              "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

I would like give an extreme high five to the responder's. From the air race announcers telling us to clear out, to the medics and bystanders with skills to help.
                We got the hell out of there to allow those qualified to help. From what I been seen they did one heck of a job. I have several friends that were there as fire crew and they did their jobs, plain and simple. The emergency plans WORKED as best they could.
                It's Saturday and my group is still in shock, checking news and trying to decipher what we saw and felt.
                I will never forget the prop blade bouncing on the ramp, the pieces heading toward us and yelling "hit the deck" as we dove. I've seen a lot over the years but not this.
                Blue skies to all those hurt or worse in this tragedy,
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Me and my dad are ok on are way out of Stead we got detured to Echo avanue dont know way they did that but it was a right turned on there and my dad kept driving to the end witch turned out to be a dead end the sun was in are eyes i just in time said something and minial damage to my dads car and me and him are fine we had to get a tow back to town all the best Shawn

Comment

Glad you're OK Leo(and the rest of the gang!).

We were out on the fenceline(thank GOD!) by pylon 6 and it was horrifying and surreal.

I feel terrible for Ryan and the Leeward family. Prayers go out to all involved.

GO

Comment

Has anyone heard from Don Hatten? His box seats were close to that area, but I don't know if he attended this year.

Race 29
                      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

George and I are physically OK. We sit in the center of Section E, Row 1 directly behind the announcers. Unfortunately, we were VERY close and saw everything. Our hearts go out to the folks whose lives have been changed forever by this tragic accident.

Jenny

Comment

I am one of the many silent AAFOers that have been to Reno for over 25 yrs. Our group is fine. We are also in section E and experienced this very tragic event up close. Our thoughts and prayers and deepest condolences are with all the families involved.
                          JoeV

Comment

Thanks to all those who have checked in, it's good to know you guys are physically well......

Comment

I was at the barricade next to Leewards pit shooting video, very frightening. From our viewpoint it appeared to go into the stands as our view was blocked by the Leeward trailer.

Comment

Does anyone know what the box section number was that was impacted by the accident? This would of been the first year that I got a box seat and I am not familiar with the box seat numbering/layout. I am curious because I was suppose to be seated in Box C142 Seat 15.

Thank you in advance,
                                Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X