Reno Sunday Finals LIVE Internet Broadcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno Sunday Finals LIVE Internet Broadcast

I'm actually giving up my day at the races helping my good friend Jeff Lee by putting out fires here... I noted the black screen and called the Synapse folks, they fixed it...

I'm now monitoring from my hotel.. **sigh**

Jeff, ya owe me big man!!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

You're a good man, Wayne. Many pats on the back for your efforts. Being so close and yet so far away must be rough.

(Maybe you can sneak out and catch the gold unlimited at the very least... hint-hint).

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
        You're a good man, Wayne. Many pats on the back for your efforts. Being so close and yet so far away must be rough.

(Maybe you can sneak out and catch the gold unlimited at the very least... hint-hint).
        Thanks.. but.. I've already figured out, by the time I would have been able to leave after the morning and early afternoon's firefighting sessions, I'd have just stressed myself into oblivion trying to get there..

This is soooo important to both Jeff's LiveAirShowTv and the Reno National Championship Air Races that it just has to work as well as it can. I've always thought that I am a pretty good judge of where I need to be at a given time to get what needed to be done at that moment. I think, today, it's where I am sitting.. helping add new signups, fixing glitches, etc.. I'm on the phone in seconds with the vid guys as soon as I notice a problem.. they seem to be getting fixed pretty quickly.

Next year, if I perform similar duties, I'd want to have a spot OUT THERE where I could do it from! Had I known I'd be needed, I'd have lined that up and had it in place.. (actualy had talked to Jeff about this but thought it would never happen.. at least hoped.. and never made plans to be there with cameras AND computer...)
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Jeff, Wayne, and LATV
          Thanks for bringing the races live into my home. I know there were some glitches along the way, but I got to see and hear the races live, it worked! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!
          ~Jim

Comment

Well done on the video feed, thanks for your good efforts. Ignore the nonsense on the "chat".

Comment

The chat was actually a reasonably worthwhile part of the deal, funnier than any sitcom! Ignorable nonsense, but funny at times.

Comment

Was worth it! I'll vounteer to help man more mic placements!!!
                Teething pains but it's a good start.... Thanks!!!!

Comment

I also watched the internet video from home. Hooked the laptop s-video up to the 46” LCD TV and watched it full screen. Of course, there were some teething problems but luckily non-occurred during critical times. The people on the blog were ruthless anytime something wasn’t quite right but I’d encourage the people who put on the production to not let that stop them from doing it again next year. All problems were fixed pretty quickly and where else can you watch and when something isn’t right directly tell the production people and have them fix it in real time?

Overall good job!
                  Bryan Out

Comment

If nobody does it next year, an alternative might be using "Paltalk" or another chatroom based software and just do an audio play by play.

My buddies in Japan used to do a play by play of the "pride fighting championships" in the mid to late 90s that weren't televised in the usa.

They ended up with two rooms with 200 people each and it was 4 guys on a couch doing the play by play as best they could using a 4 mic mixer linked to two PCs.

The text scrolling past in the room from the "viewers" was hilarious and did not interfere with the broadcast.

Comment

Awesome, great, fantastic!!!
                      For the first time I thought the broadcast was more than you could ask for. Of course a few things that could be tweeked and enhanced but for the first attempt I could not have been more pleased...and this is from a viewer whose feed went to buffering with a lap and a half left in the unlimited gold race. Great job by all and hope to be in reno next year but if not the couch was a pretty cool alternative!

Comment

thanks for the service, it was worth the money - I'll definitely subscribe again in 2010 (if I can't attend in person).

The feed has duly arrived in Central Europe - there were some issues with buffering and sound but only to the same extent as reported by "regionals" in the chat. Allocated bandwith seems to have increased near the end of the Blue Angels display. Funny thing the Bear seems to have busted the micros when John started the engine

Keep up the good work,
                        Hubert
                        Lurker from Salzburg, Austria

Comment

Thanks for the effort by all involved. The coverage was excellent and greatly appreciated by those of us who couldn't make it.

I'm sure (after a sutable cool down period) that a great deal was and will be learned for next time. Even the hilariously infantile "chat" board probably has quite a bit of useful data - just needs a LOT of filtering (a squelch function might be nice).

Thanks again. Kudos to all

Scott
                          Last edited by Low-n-Slow; 09-21-2009, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I'll add my thanks to Wayne, Jeff and the crew for putting on a "Land Mark" event, The next best thing to Being there . I experianced a 5 sec freeze every 20 to 30 sec's plus the buffering and uneven/no sound situations. Very irritating for sure. However I would do it again.
                            Bill

Comment

Over all, I'm very happy with the broardcast. A little 1st time troubles, but NOT when it counted. I'll for sure do it again next year. one question. how many did pay and sign on??

Comment

Working...
                              X