X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This Year's AAFO BBQ

Originally posted by mgbf4u View Post
    So there was no barbecue?
    Yes, there was, held in the exact same place as last year.. where I barely was able to find it last year...

We should have done the google earth thing again this year..

If you are looking down at the church compound, it's actually sort of in a court yard in the middle of the whole thing.

I only found it last year by being led there by Griffon Girl and others..

We'd thought about combining this year's BBQ with the "Thunder Fest" over at American Air Racing.. I never even broached the subject with John, due to being VETOED by female members of the BBQ "committee"....

I'm just a guy but apparently, it's not socially acceptable to "invite" your party to someone elses....

Regardless if we joined the ThunderFest or not, AAR received 1/2 of all "proceeds" from this year's BBQ, which are pretty much nullified on the AAFO end, because we're committed to reimburse anyone who put out $$ to make this happen from the general fund and what was donated to the site from the BBQ raffle..

Sooooooooo....

Anyway, long answer short.. there was a BBQ, attendance was a bit off from last year, we ate REALLY spicy hot dogs.. (I cried the entire time I ate every single bite of mine!) drank adult beverages, ran from smokers by-products...(ahem.....) and all the rest..

Next year.. we'll do better.. maybe on a Thursday or something other than the really pressured weekend..

Thanks to EVERYONE who spent time getting this together! I'm not at all a good organizer type! So it probably would not have happened at all if not for their efforts!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I wanted to come but I had a friend who came to Reno for the first time and we made arrangements to take him out to dinner for his birthday and retirement party.
      So I was thinking about ya! Next years plans.

Comment

Wayne & company,I really enjoyed the BBQ. Maybe next year with a banner or a pole with a AAFO flag. Great time. Any pictures? Good to see all again.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Myself and my dad (50/50 winner) had trouble finding it too.... we just started going camp to camp..... then I saw Wayne crying over a hotdog.....

some of the people we asked mentioned others asking too...

Was fun meeting everyone. At work, gotta run...

Comment

Originally posted by bikenutty View Post
            then I saw Wayne crying over a hotdog....
            LOL... that was a HOT dog! Since I'm just now at 5 years since last radiation to my mouth/throat, which takes the interior of your mouth back to newborn tolerance of anything other than milk, man-o-man, my mouth has yet to catch up with my love of hot!

Cry I did but I ate the entire thing and wanted more!!!

Thanks for the good times guys and gals!!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Definitely will have some kind of sign or banner if we have it in the same spot next year, but hey, we're race fans, not party organizers. Sorry to all of you that didn't find us, didn't get any pics this year, was burning the dogs
              Russ
              Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Working...
              X