This Year's AAFO BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This Year's AAFO BBQ

I.ve been staying in the Optomist RV lot but really getting tired of thier screwing up space assignments....

What do I need to do to find out about staying in the St Michaels lot??

What's the deal? How much? Do they assign spaces?

Comment

Here's their site:

And their phone #:

(775)-972-7462

I'd guess that they're all full up for this year, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

So glad to have found this message board! This'll be my 9th Reno air races straight with my brother, and we'll definitely stop by to say hello and meet some kindred souls! We'll be happy to bring beer and food plus donations if needed. Does anyone have any idea how much food will already be there and what will be needed?

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

Buns, lots of hot dog buns. I'll get dogs Bigger Al is on condiments ( like how I set you up for that) and if you get some buns... A good start. People can chime in and offer to bring chips n stuff. Oh and plates, trash bags, napkins...ect

Eric
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 3dWrightBrother View Post
            More pics from last year's BBQ and one from the next day, will try for a group shot before it gets dark this year
            Russ
            Do you have any idea of how in love I am with that woman in the last shot???

Cute shot Russ.. thanks!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner View Post
              Buns, lots of hot dog buns. I'll get dogs Bigger Al is on condiments ( like how I set you up for that) and if you get some buns... A good start. People can chime in and offer to bring chips n stuff. Oh and plates, trash bags, napkins...ect

Eric
              I am the world's worst at being organized.. haven't a clue how to tell anyone what to bring.. I run a decent "publication" here with this site but I'm at a loss on what to tell anyone to bring.. Griffon Girl.. Rachel.. are you guys any better able than me to come up with some numbers?

I'm COMPLETELY happy with hot dogs, maybe some mac salad and potato salad for those who like that stuff.. some chips.. mass cervesa and maybe some wine for those who insist on not realizing that God made beer and wine is... well..

Right now, aafo has about $200. to throw into the kitty out of the general fund to help this happen.. (from donations recently.. THANKS!) We've got 4 celendars to throw into the raffle..

Deciding on how many dogs/buns/salad/plates to bring is so far out of my ability, I even hate to admit it..

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

OK folks, how many people will there be this year? I will bring dogs again this year and some buns, but this time I will need to be reimbursed. I'm a poor man now. It will just be easier if we already have all the stuff. Will a 100 dogs do?
                Eric, so I'm guessing we need 100 hot dog buns? Anybody bringing burgers, brats or some other meat critter we might want to char? How long will this go on? Should we bring something to slow cook (ribs, tri-tip, pork loin, etc?)

And of course, LOTS of beer. I think my brother and I have stock in Budweiser - er EnBev!

See Ya'll Saturday!

Tom

Comment

Trying to keep it simple. I will get some plain dogs and some sausage. If everyone brings some beer we might have enough...LOL I hope 100 is enough. Anyone volunteering to do paper plates, trash bags and or napkins?

Eric
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post
                    Eric, so I'm guessing we need 100 hot dog buns? Anybody bringing burgers, brats or some other meat critter we might want to char? How long will this go on? Should we bring something to slow cook (ribs, tri-tip, pork loin, etc?)

And of course, LOTS of beer. I think my brother and I have stock in Budweiser - er EnBev!

See Ya'll Saturday!

Tom
                    If anyone wants to bring some other meat to char that sounds great! My wife will not be making it this year so we don't get her potato salad like last year. Bummer. If we get a chunk o meat to char we will need something to cut it up ad divide it. How about some beans... I can just see the "Blazing Saddles" campfire seen. LOL
                    Cheers

Comment

sorry, but still think this is a bit of classic Brooks genius!!
                      Mayday51
                      Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner View Post
                        Trying to keep it simple. I will get some plain dogs and some sausage. If everyone brings some beer we might have enough...LOL I hope 100 is enough. Anyone volunteering to do paper plates, trash bags and or napkins?

Eric
                        I'll bring anything you need, but my internet access is spotty at best. Prolly won't get back on til Thursday.
                        Eric maybe we can hook up somewhere tomorrow / thurs??
                        Rachel

Comment

O.K., I'll pick up 100 hot dog buns. Is Scolari's a good place to pick up some form of meat critter, or is there a better meat market somewhere around/between Reno and Stead? We're staying downtown at the Cal-Neva, so could stop anywhere in between.

Tom

Comment

Well, my brother and I left after the gold Unlimited Saturday, moved our car over by St. Michaels and I walked around the Church at least 3 times asking anyone I saw about where the AAFO bbq was going to be - no one I spoke to had any idea what I was talking about. Several recommended I go ask at the office, and when I went over there, there was some form of service going on with a "quiet please" sign, and no one in the rooms to the left or right of the sanctuary. I had purchased 104 hot dog buns, which eventually were left at the Reno/Tahoe airport in the back of the lovely Dodge Caliber we had rented. Can anyone maybe give more detailed directions, or at least a motor home I should be looking for next year? Maybe a banner would be in order. I can have one made for nothing, but wouldn't have a clue where to bring it!
                            Anyway, another great year at the Races, and next year is gonna be even better!

Go Bear, and thanks for the info Mr. Penney!

Tom

Comment

I had to walk by that lot to get to to my "preferred " lot out on military road (yes, I'm still mildly tweaked about that) and decided to stroll through as I had some time to visit before I had to get home. Could'nt find it either.
                              Oh well, next year!
                              Last edited by Leo; 09-24-2009, 05:10 PM.
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

So there was no barbeque?

Comment

Working...
                                X