knotty girl is flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: knotty girl is flying

I wanted to give a big "Thank You" to Philip and the Knotty Girl crew. As my son and I were wandering through the F1 hangar on Friday, my son kept wondering how the pilots were able to see out of the small canopies. I guess one of the crew must have overheard us as the next thing I know Rick and Philip are inviting us over for a close look at the Girl. So, while Rick worked on some secret-squirrel go-fast wingtip work we were able to check things out. Thank You for the great experience. You have a couple of fans for life!

Ward
    Attached Files

Comment

not a problem thats what its all about.that little feller there might be a future unlimited winner and hopefully he will always remember the knottygirl

Comment

Hey Buddy!

I'm glad our paths crossed man, you are a class act!

Talk to you soon, all the best. RG

Photo credit: DJ Haskin
        Attached Files
        Last edited by RandyGoss75; 09-23-2009, 09:41 AM. Reason: Photo Credit
        Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Looking good!

Randy thanks again for all the great hospitality from the Warlock Team!

Cant wait to do it all again next year!

-Tom

Comment

It's embarrassing for me to admit this, but I think today was the first time I've actually seen a non-warbird Reno air racer up close! It was great seeing KG at Randolph and fun meeting ya'll!
            I'm attaching a few photos from the day. I never realized those things were quite so small. Maybe someday I'll be able to try one on for size - briefly.

Ryan
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ryanshort1; 11-07-2009, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Well, Ryan -- a 500 pound airplane (including motor) really isn't very big at all. Now envision hammering around in a circle at 230 mph in traffic 150 feet off the ground -- and you have a distinctly different sort of aviating...

Philip did look pretty racy out there!

Neal

Comment

it was long road to get there but completly worth it. thanks neal that was great pic.

Comment

Rookies don't usually get to ride on the fire truck...

And you definitely had the coolest tow vehicle in the class:

Photos by Birgitta...

Neal

Comment

as bad as I hate to say this......i need to sell her, to close to loosing my house now and need the money.someone make me an offer and pass the word please

Comment

I'll pass the word along if I hear of anyone interested. What kind of specs on the plane like fuel burn, cruise, etc...? Also, what would you LIKE to get from the sale?

Ryan

Comment

Hi Philip- Great to meet you this year at Reno '09 & congrats on a mighty fine showing w/Race #69 Knotty Girl. Hope you make it back to race again & best of luck in all your endeavours. (And- don't forget: 'Once an Alaskan-ALWAYS an Alaskan'!)

Here's a few random shots to add to this great thread:

(L-R): A couple pis of you & your fellow F-1 race pilot pal- Tom Watkins at Wed. nite's Warlock Party (Tom raced F-1 #78 Lime Lite last year-finishing 5th in the '09 NCAR Silver Race & this year helped-out Phil on Knotty Girl's crew), a shot my wife Linda took of Race #69 crew slippin' your pretty bird into her travel trailer on Monday, and lastly, -a Sunday Awards Banquet shot of you w/Ms. Lauren Neil (Miss Reno Rodeo 2010) receiving your 7th-Place F-1 Silver Trophy.

Keep Yer Airspeed UP in the turns 'till next time we meet again, Phil!

Best regards-

Don 'Bucky' Dawson
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by BuckyD; 12-12-2009, 06:06 PM.

Comment

thanks linda. i was starting to loose steam those fired me back up

Comment

Working...
                          X