Chino, Stevo, Strega, A quick look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chino, Stevo, Strega, A quick look

Some of these people I always thought they had really white teeth, but I began to realize that there so up tight that they have actually sucked their BVD's up their ass so far, there wrapped around their teeth.
    Now that's funny right there!
    Nice shots as usual Victor. Saying that is almost redundant as they always are.

Wayne, it's your sandbox. All we do is visit, fight over the shovel and throw sand around.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      Well I'll agree to disagree.. this site, which I created many moons ago, was created to generate interest in the sport.

How did we do that? Initially, we did it wit "spy pictures" of Miss Ashley II, taxiiing unpainted on the ramp at Paine... did we have permission? Nope, we didn't know anyone enough to even think of that yet.. Were those pictures something that Gary and Bill wanted published? At that point, I don't think they particularly cared... though, how we got them certainly sparked interest from them.

Because of that story, and other's like it.. I once sat across the table from Bill Rogers at breakfast and he told me quite seriously "what you have done is brought this from a once a year event to a place where everyone can live it every day of the year"...

He told me he went from being just another guy on the street in Everett to where he would bump into folks and they would say.. "hey, aren't you the guy with that red airplane?"

Did we publish "secrets" over the years working with Bill, the Rare Bear and others??? nope.. never published anything they didn't want publiished.. did we publish tidbits...

Damn straight we did, that's what we do!

Does what we've done generate interest in the sport??

Does in my opinion and as long as I'm responsible for doing what I do here, we're going to keep it that way.

If some of you take this to the personal level and feel that this is Wayne Sagar, saying "gee, look at me, I know something you don't know" you simply do not know me or you just don't get "it"...

No need to disagree, I am on your side, I was trying to voice what I think are the Nay sayers opinions.

I come to Reno every year armed with a Truckload full of "insider" Info gleaned from this site. It's a wonderfull thing. If this site brings one newbie to reno then you have done your job.

People tend to forget that this is a business for you.

Sometimes its hard to run what people see as a free forum for discussion as something that must keep your "shareholders" (for lack of a better descriptor) happy.

Keep doin what your doin, because your doin it better then anywhere else.

Dont let the "other" place get to you. For what its worth, every one peice of intersting info over there is followed by 52 meaningless posts filled with 5th grade humor and the worlds largest collection of Smilies.

everyone needs to remember:

ITS THE FREAKING INTERNET PEOPLE. CALM DOWN

Comment

Also,

Awesome pictures Victor. I think its awesome that the Hinton Family legacy is continuing its influence on the wonderfull sport.

The smile on his face is EPIC.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
          Also,

Awesome pictures Victor. I think its awesome that the Hinton Family legacy is continuing its influence on the wonderfull sport.

The smile on his face is EPIC.
          HERE HERE! That photo, whether or not Stevie EVER races so much as a trike, will go down as one of the best pilot mug-shots ever...

How cool do you feel after driving around in a legend during an air show??

Don't even have to ask...

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Old Chinese proverb:

When in hole, quit digging.

Comment

new chinese proverb:
              Quit crying like 12 year old girl with wonderwoman panties in a twist!
              seriously the constant boobing is getting old!
              if you dont like the way the site is run... GO AWAY! and never return
              Todd Smith

Comment

Super pictures Victor...I have friends/almost family down that way, and one of these days I'm going to be there for that event.

At first, I did't know what to think when I saw the young man behind the stick of 'Strega'. But after reading through 5+ pages about it...well...

It gets me all excited even to contemplate that the torch may well be passed to a young and talented pilot. It's been a long cold winter, and to confess, I've been excited about the upcoming races since the checkered flag flew on the Unlimited Gold last year.

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
                  It gets me all excited even to contemplate that the torch may well be passed to a young and talented pilot. It's been a long cold winter, and to confess
                  Well... long as we're making confessions..

It makes my nipples hard just thinkin' about it....

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oh geez.........I didn't have to know that......enough crap comes on here......LOL...

I bet that really irritates those percings......HA!!!!!!

That's a "Randy Goss HA".........
                    Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

You can't help but be jealous of an opportunity like that but the pressure has got to be amazing, I don't envy being in a position where you will be compared to the likes of Poppa Hinton and El Tigre right out of the chute.

Comment

There is a great article about "The new Chino Kids" in the May/June issue of Warbird Digest, about Steven Hinton and Joel Swager, accompanied by some great photos.

I also saw the name Steve Hinton listed under "Pilot" on the credits of the new "Ironman" movie. Coincidence!?

Is 42 too old to be adopted?

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                          Well I'll agree to disagree.. this site, which I created many moons ago, was created to generate interest in the sport.

How did we do that? Initially, we did it wit "spy pictures" of Miss Ashley II, taxiiing unpainted on the ramp at Paine... did we have permission? Nope, we didn't know anyone enough to even think of that yet.. Were those pictures something that Gary and Bill wanted published? At that point, I don't think they particularly cared... though, how we got them certainly sparked interest from them.

Because of that story, and other's like it.. I once sat across the table from Bill Rogers at breakfast and he told me quite seriously "what you have done is brought this from a once a year event to a place where everyone can live it every day of the year"...

He told me he went from being just another guy on the street in Everett to where he would bump into folks and they would say.. "hey, aren't you the guy with that red airplane?"

Did we publish "secrets" over the years working with Bill, the Rare Bear and others??? nope.. never published anything they didn't want publiished.. did we publish tidbits...

Damn straight we did, that's what we do!

Does what we've done generate interest in the sport??

Does in my opinion and as long as I'm responsible for doing what I do here, we're going to keep it that way.

If some of you take this to the personal level and feel that this is Wayne Sagar, saying "gee, look at me, I know something you don't know" you simply do not know me or you just don't get "it"...

INteresting..Thats cool Wayne. I had no idea of the history..

Jeff E

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff E
                            INteresting..Thats cool Wayne. I had no idea of the history..

Jeff E
                            Thanks...

When we started this site in the winter of '06/'07, there really was no where else a person could get "news" about the races and more importantly, the racers... save for the once in a while coverage by Wide World, the many months later (then) Air Classics coverage and a few books here and there..

Yes, I'm patting myself on the back by saying it but virtually all who came after, came after.. we've been live, day after day, virtually 99.9999999999999% of the time since starting... we've only had a total of a day or two of total downtime in over 10 years of operation.

Some may not agree, so be it.. I think what we do here helps the sport..

Thanks for trying to understanding "why" we do what we do..

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Was it 06-07 or 96-97?
                              I thought it was older than that, or does it just feel like ten years?
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                                Was it 06-07 or 96-97?
                                I thought it was older than that, or does it just feel like ten years?
                                Oldsheimers.. I meant 96-97.... brain fart.. yes it seems like it's been forever!

I went "full time" living in front of a computer in 2000... THAT seems like a REALLY long time!

Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X