Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chino, Stevo, Strega, A quick look

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
    I'm pretty sure this is the case.. sort of pinching myself at both the historical significance, and the lack of usual "speculation" in this thread...

Is this "news" *that* old???

We're supposed to be building the excitement here...

When this happens... (Tige passes the torch, to a former racer's son) IMHO, this is HUGE... MONUMENTAL stuff...

History of the sport unfolding before our eyes stuff..

Just seemed like it'd bring a bigger hoot than it's brought..

If everyone already knew, then this is a failing on the part of us "build the excitement guys"...

We're supposed to play the "I know something you don't know" game and get everyone wondering..

*sigh*

Guess those were the good ol' days ??

Maybe everyone is tired of the "I know something you don't know" game. We are all adults here right? I think I played that in grade school.

Also, perhaps out of respect to Tiger, Steve and Stevo we are just waiting to see how this all unfolds instead of posting a bunch of speculatory comments. I think we all know it will happen, just a matter of when. It IS a great moment in the history of air racing to see young Steve in Strega. Better to just sit back and enjoy watching it instead of posting speculative comments that are just that.

Flame away.

Comment

One thing for certain, it won't happen until Steveo is 21 (unless there is another rule change).

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
        Where did anyone say that here???
        See Wayne's earlier post.

Comment

Victor,

If that ain't the "cat that got the mouse"...

Put that first one in the vault! That's gold!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh..... He was looking at his girlfriend....
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Steveo has flown Strega numerous times. I don't know how many hours he has in her now, but I know he flew it down from Minter, flew it in the show and flew (or will fly) her home.
            I haven't heard anything about him being groomed to race Strega or any other plane and I see and talk with him all the time. Doesn't mean it's not happening, but it's not being publically discussed even at the museum.
            I can say that he looked great flying her, enjoyed it a lot and we're all proud of him.
            Cindy

Comment

He can participate at PRS, the age limit is still 18.
              Uhh...I knew that, just forgot to clarify it (details...details).
              He flies to Shafter in a Mustang about once a week if not more and also has time in a Bearcat, he flies just about every day of the week and was in the process of getting his commercial license, might already have it now.
              Now that would be cool, show up for your Commercial checkride in a TF-51 (I wonder what the altitude gain is in "textbook" Chandelle?).

Comment

Originally posted by BJH
                Maybe everyone is tired of the "I know something you don't know" game. We are all adults here right? I think I played that in grade school.

Also, perhaps out of respect to Tiger, Steve and Stevo we are just waiting to see how this all unfolds instead of posting a bunch of speculatory comments. I think we all know it will happen, just a matter of when. It IS a great moment in the history of air racing to see young Steve in Strega. Better to just sit back and enjoy watching it instead of posting speculative comments that are just that.
                Unfortunate that you and some others choose to characterize the show business aspect of race news "reporting" in the way I'm seeing it lately.

This site has always worked to build interest and excitement by "leaking" bits of information, always, with the complete cooperation of those involved. Since allowing this message system to exist several years ago, that business of "keeping a secret" has, at times, turned into a battle to keep the news FROM leaking in many cases.

Over the years, some of the posts which have been deleted here have been at the request of those involved with whichever project might have been outed..

Again, I just think it unfortunate that some fans and participants of the sport are unable, or unwilling to see the show biz angle of it all..

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Unfortunate that you and some others choose to characterize the show business aspect of race news "reporting" in the way I'm seeing it lately.

This site has always worked to build interest and excitement by "leaking" bits of information, always, with the complete cooperation of those involved. Since allowing this message system to exist several years ago, that business of "keeping a secret" has, at times, turned into a battle to keep the news FROM leaking in many cases.

Over the years, some of the posts which have been deleted here have been at the request of those involved with whichever project might have been outed..

Again, I just think it unfortunate that some fans and participants of the sport are unable, or unwilling to see the show biz angle of it all..

I may be reading to much into your 'show biz' statement but IIRC the air races were a competition, and a sometimes an extreme one at that. Building up the hype around a 19 year old 'kid' and building up the pressure to have him race one of the hottest airplanes on the planet is putting him in a dangerous position whether he knows it or not. I agree with BJH, let Mr. Destafani and the Hinton family handle this at their own pace. When they feel he is ready, and I'm sure his father will be a good judge of that, then let them announce it and lets talk about it then.
                  Lance
                  Last edited by Lance; 05-20-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Very well said, Lance. I'm sure many completely agree. Thank you.
                    Kathleen

Comment

You know this all started beacuse I wanted to share some, what I thought would be of interest images with you all here on the board.
                      man what was I thinking...
                      Last edited by Victor Archer; 05-20-2008, 08:54 PM. Reason: cuz

Comment

Victor -- don't sweat this, my friend -- just keep posting!!

Absolutely wonderful images -- I want to see more...

Neal

Comment

You know this all started beacuse I wanted to share some, what I thought would be of interest images with you all here on the board.
                          man what was I thinking...

Oh to be 19 again and have this opportunity and talent....Wow......

Victor....I'm not sure I agree with you saying the look in Stevo's eyes was at his girlfriend...LOL..... I know that look....it's sitting in the seat of a legend and knowing it!!!! Or...it could be....."Damn...got her back on the ground in one piece"!!!!!! HA!!!!
                          Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Victor... Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos... The saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" fits your work beautifully... Oft times, spoken words can spoil the magic of the moment...if one bothers to listen... Your photos speak loudly and thankfully drown out unwanted commentary... Thank you again for sharing...Ron

Comment

I just received a wonderful little note from Karen Hinton, makes what I do all worth my effort.

Hey Neal when are you and your lovely wife going to come over for BBQ?

Enjoy! Now the rest of you Piss off...
                              Sorry, just watched Hell's Kitchen... Actualy I'm not sorry...

Wayne, I owe you a cold ale, see ya at PRS
                              Last edited by Victor Archer; 05-21-2008, 07:53 AM. Reason: DOH! missed a word

Comment

Wayne, I owe you a cold ale, see ya at PRS
                                Arr.. maybe we can get someone to take a picture of you pouring it on my head... prolly make a few folks happy ey!!

To my friends....

to the rest o' ya's..

See ya at PRS!! And I'm lookin forward to that cold ale!

Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X