Chino, Stevo, Strega, A quick look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chino, Stevo, Strega, A quick look

Ya know what, good for him!!!!! Good Luck Mr. Steve Hinton Jr.... I hope the best of your future.....

Will R. Lynch
    Gardnerville, NV

Comment

Originally posted by Wilnit
      Ya know what, good for him!!!!! Good Luck Mr. Steve Hinton Jr.... I hope the best of your future.....

Will R. Lynch
      Gardnerville, NV
      Exactly how I feel! Good on him.. nobody wants to put pressure on a kid and I doubt seriously his parents would allow anyone to!

He's got the best teachers, he's flying the witch, he's carrying on the torch...

That's GOOD news...

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Victor -- I actually thought of calling a while back. We were sort of in the neighborhood -- spent a couple of weeks in Death Valley. Trouble was the "real world" felt like it was a million miles away

and I couldn't deal with a city.

See you at PRS...

Neal

Comment

Victor -- I think I just defaced and sidetracked your thread! My apologies...

That second shot of young Steve is really quite wonderful -- actually both are.

Kind of disturbing to think that I knew his Mom and Dad years before he was born...

I think that's the best photo I've ever seen of the Horsemen routine -- nice to see it in those airplanes...

Neal
          Last edited by wingman; 05-21-2008, 01:18 AM.

Comment

I agree with all the posters who while supportive of young Stevo Hinton, are wise in the calls to lay off and let The DeStefani & Hinton groups work thing at their own pace, don't get wrong, its awesome to see someone young that is obviously a talented pilot fly one of the hottest racers around, no matter who they are, im sure if Tiger or Steve snr feel comfortable letting young Steve fly the witch, then it wouldnt have happened, but lets remember, he is a young guy with plenty of time to do what he wants, and if in a few years he appears at Reno, welcome him with open arms to the fraternity, let them go fly and run whatever program they are running at THEIR pace, not the pressured pace of those on the outside looking in....
            Oh yeah, and to Victor, AWESOME shots as usual, i still wish i could get somewhere close to your level...
            race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
              I think that's the best photo I've ever seen of the Horsemen routine -- nice to see it in those airplanes...

Neal
              That is an awesome photo of the Horsemen! As an aside, does anyone know why the Horsemen did not fly their routine on Sunday at Chino?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan
                I agree with all the posters who while supportive of young Stevo Hinton, are wise in the calls to lay off and let The DeStefani & Hinton groups work thing at their own pace...
                I'm having a tough time figuring out why everyone gets their panties in a bundle over my comments, which were intended to mean.. something like.. "HOLY S H I T... STEVIE HINTON IS FLYING STREGA" and then further the thought.... will he race it.... S-O-M-E-D-A-Y...

I mean... Victor brings in some stellar photos.. several of which are of a racing legend's son flying a racing legend's legendary raceplane.. I chit myself with glee thinking of what might be...

Next thing I know.. I'm getting darts and arrows thrown at me, here and elsewhere...

Should I be taking a poll to see how many of you would simply like this site to go away?

Geeesh!

Try to bring some off-season life into the bloodstream and see what you get!

Thanks... really... thanks...

et too Wingman???
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

err... sorry Victor for further hijacking your thread.. I'm going to go sit in my cubicle, make sure things keep running and keep my mouth shut...

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
                    Victor -- I actually thought of calling a while back. We were sort of in the neighborhood -- spent a couple of weeks in Death Valley. Trouble was the "real world" felt like it was a million miles away

and I couldn't deal with a city.

See you at PRS...

Neal

Wingman,
                    That sure looks like a rough runway, I thinks it needs a lil shovel work lol. Great pic btw, I have never been to DV, it makes nevada look like a rain forest.

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude
                      That is an awesome photo of the Horsemen! As an aside, does anyone know why the Horsemen did not fly their routine on Sunday at Chino?
                      The Spam Can was leaking... They had briefly talked about switching aircraft but didn't... Safety first, but Damn I wanted to see the routine again...
                      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                        err... sorry Victor for further hijacking your thread.. I'm going to go sit in my cubicle, make sure things keep running and keep my mouth shut...

Partial, full moon syndrome???

Some of these people I always thought they had really white teeth, but I began to realize that there so up tight that they have actually sucked their BVD's up their ass so far, there wrapped around their teeth.

Kinda like a self-induced atomic wedgie

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                          If everyone already knew, then this is a failing on the part of us "build the excitement guys"...

We're supposed to play the "I know something you don't know" game and get everyone wondering..

*sigh*

Guess those were the good ol' days ??

Wayne, THIS is the comment that got to everyone. I will try to speak for the upset (I don't care myself) to attempt to help you understand.

It is my understanding that this a a message board with no affiliation to RARA. It is simply a place for people to come and discuss something they love. It is a place to share photos, revel in the past and speculate about the future. It seems at times that you feel you have some duty to generate interest or energy in things that have nothing to do with what a message board is at its base level.

Rumurs, lies, truths, speculation, criticism, praise and flaming are all part of every message board on the internet.

That being said, what you do here is great, keep up the good work.

If you have something to share, share it. If you have something that is a secret, keep it a secret. A public forum is not the right place to play "I know something you dont know" IF you are the webmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
                            If you have something to share, share it. If you have something that is a secret, keep it a secret. A public forum is not the right place to play "I know something you dont know" IF you are the webmaster.
                            Well I'll agree to disagree.. this site, which I created many moons ago, was created to generate interest in the sport.

How did we do that? Initially, we did it wit "spy pictures" of Miss Ashley II, taxiiing unpainted on the ramp at Paine... did we have permission? Nope, we didn't know anyone enough to even think of that yet.. Were those pictures something that Gary and Bill wanted published? At that point, I don't think they particularly cared... though, how we got them certainly sparked interest from them.

Because of that story, and other's like it.. I once sat across the table from Bill Rogers at breakfast and he told me quite seriously "what you have done is brought this from a once a year event to a place where everyone can live it every day of the year"...

He told me he went from being just another guy on the street in Everett to where he would bump into folks and they would say.. "hey, aren't you the guy with that red airplane?"

Did we publish "secrets" over the years working with Bill, the Rare Bear and others??? nope.. never published anything they didn't want publiished.. did we publish tidbits...

Damn straight we did, that's what we do!

Does what we've done generate interest in the sport??

Does in my opinion and as long as I'm responsible for doing what I do here, we're going to keep it that way.

If some of you take this to the personal level and feel that this is Wayne Sagar, saying "gee, look at me, I know something you don't know" you simply do not know me or you just don't get "it"...

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

First and foremost, let me say that Victor's pictures are awesome and I appreciate what he brings with his talents. THAT is what gets the juices of air race fans flowing. I apologize to you Victor if my earlier comment took away from the great pictures you have posted (and hopefully will continue to post).

I was just offering my thoughts on why people don't get excited about not knowing 'secrets'. It was only a comment aimed to give Wayne some feedback as to why I don't think folks get excited about that type of thing. Nothing more to read into it than that!

RELAX!!!!!

Comment

Wayne & Victor keep up the good work. At almost 76 I still run outside if I hear a plane that sounds different from the norm as I know it is a Warbird.I'm excited about Steve Jr. just like I was when Steve Sr. started his air racing days. If people don't get excited & pumped up over all this then maybe they are on the wrong forum. Loosen up & go with the flow.Enjoy aviation at its best.
                                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X