PM is fast!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PM is fast!!!

She's got me worried. As a Strega-fan, I gotta admit.....PM sure LOOKS fast. No watch, just a butt in the seats, but man....she sounded SO clean and LOUD, wicked,and yes...FAST!

Comment

For years I have heard comments about Precious Metal, most of them were not too flattering. What is the real deal with the airplane? I have heard people say the aerodynamics are no good and the engine install is rough, etc. It seems like people are just repeating rumors they have heard. Any body out there have any insight on the details of PM? A Griffon powered P-51B is about as cool as it gets.

Comment

PM is the fastest Griffon powered P-51 in the world. Ok, not saying much because its the only one.

The real scoop is she is in the hands of Thom, Mike and others who are giving her the TLC she needs. And it stands out awesomely comparing the plane from last year to this year.

Next year she they will laugh at 463.
        Last edited by wolfee; 09-15-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
          PM is the fastest Griffon powered P-51 in the world. Ok, not saying much because its the only one.

The real scoop is she is in the hands of Thom, Mike and others who are giving her the TLC she needs. And it stands out awesomely comparing the plane from last year to this year.

Next year she they will laugh at 463.
          While PM is unquestionably the fastest recorded at Reno, I would say until it does a speed run to break 500 over Red Baron, its not quite the fastest yet. But its definately got the potential. I would like to know the manifold pressure the Griffon is using. I believe Red Baron was using 80 hg then to 113 inches on its last flight.

Comment

Originally posted by JetsareforKids View Post
            For years I have heard comments about Precious Metal, most of them were not too flattering. What is the real deal with the airplane? I have heard people say the aerodynamics are no good and the engine install is rough, etc. It seems like people are just repeating rumors they have heard. Any body out there have any insight on the details of PM? A Griffon powered P-51B is about as cool as it gets.
            PM was never a P-51B....

Comment

Originally posted by Ronbo View Post
              While PM is unquestionably the fastest recorded at Reno, I would say until it does a speed run to break 500 over Red Baron, its not quite the fastest yet. But its definately got the potential. I would like to know the manifold pressure the Griffon is using. I believe Red Baron was using 80 hg then to 113 inches on its last flight.
              Interesting comparison. Maybe a record flight is in the future. Speaking of which; did the Bear ever get to take it's shot this summer? Also, Strega's been knockin' on the door (499 last year/493 now). It'd be interesting to know what she could do at altitude and in a straight line. I'm sure she's well over 500 in the VOS.

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
                Interesting comparison. Maybe a record flight is in the future. Speaking of which; did the Bear ever get to take it's shot this summer? Also, Strega's been knockin' on the door (499 last year/493 now). It'd be interesting to know what she could do at altitude and in a straight line. I'm sure she's well over 500 in the VOS.
                Im sure she could do as well as Dago in 2003. Strega has never looked better these past few years. But remember, weather plays a big part on how fast they go as well. Not to mention, Steve will only push it as far as he needs to to win.

Comment

Working...
                X