PM is fast!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PM is fast!!!

Florian... thanks a million for the video... PM sounds soooo Sweet.. Go Team Thom....
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce View Post
      Precious Metal is the only Griffon-powered Mustang flying. It and Red Baron were the only Griffon Mustangs. Miss Ashley II was not a "true" Mustang, but you can count it if you want.
      Well, PM is only barely a 'Mustang' slightly more than MAII was. PM is also a custom-built non-Mustang fuselage sitting on a Mustang wing and wearing a Mustang empennage.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
        Well, PM is only barely a 'Mustang' slightly more than MAII was. PM is also a custom-built non-Mustang fuselage sitting on a Mustang wing and wearing a Mustang empennage.
        RB used a modified P-51 engine mount, hence the bump on the bottom due to removing the smile, PM uses a custom welded steel tube mount.

Comment

If she really does beat Dreadnought come sunday, then I'll eat the whole crow instead of just the drumstick I'm gnawing on right now. That is the benchmark for being a contender, after all- gotta wind up ahead of #8 at the end of the week. ;-)

BIG congratulations to Thom Richard and his crew. Up until now, PM has always struck me as something of a "rat rod," to use an automotive analogy. Looked fast. Looked cool. Some neat ideas incorporated. But some really questionable stuff too, and I kept thinking that I really, really wouldn't ever want to actually operate it. :-/
          Here's to having those days in the past.

Comment

Holy cow, I have to say this thread has made me the most excited about Reno since the accident happened... What a great feeling! Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, and GO PRECIOUS METAL!
            _________
            -Matt
            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by RichH View Post
              HA! Take that, Dialtaaaaappah!!!
              I stand corrected!

Credit where credit is due!

Great job!

Comment

PM is going back up this afternoon taped up, a new spray bar in place, and a gear door not hanging out in the wind to slow her down.

Look for 460 and change. Hold on to your hats fellas, Thom wants a new PM speed record, and he looks to get it today!

Wolfee

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the gear doors in Victor's shot. They must have too...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
                    PM is going back up this afternoon taped up, a new spray bar in place, and a gear door not hanging out in the wind to slow her down.

Look for 460 and change. Hold on to your hats fellas, Thom wants a new PM speed record, and he looks to get it today!

Wolfee

Ahhh...music to my ears wolfee...

Joseph

Comment

PM just posted a speed of 461 and change (via word of mouth from a team member) on her second qual run!!

Grats Thom, and team !!
                      Last edited by wolfee; 09-11-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee View Post
                        Grays Thom, and team !!
                        Does that mean they are awarded Aliens?!? LOL

Comment

Wow! what a sound! Gotta hand it to the Brits on that Griff. Engine. Prop sounds very clean. Not so much buzz or snap-snap as it approaches.

Comment

Excellent!
                            "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                              Does Precious Metal have a Semi Truck & Trailer Rig in their pit containing spare parts and tools?

How many Griffon powered Mustangs are there flying and where are they located?

here is a pick of PM's support rig. While not much in the way of tools/parts.
                              It is fully stocked with seats, music, 5 TVs, red and green laser light systems, and 3 or 4 spinning disco lights. Oh and a bar. cant forget the bar!

Thanks again Jim for letting my boys and I sit up top and watch the qual run today.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Spoke with one of the crew this afternoon and he said they've got more!

Friday should be interesting...
                                Sky Critter

Comment

Working...
                                X