No announcement yet.

SPECIAL REQUEST for the "Restless Act of Kindness" Victim Relief Fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SPECIAL REQUEST for the "Restless Act of Kindness" Victim Relief Fundraiser

Bob -- I have seen some spectacular prints from some Costco labs. I am confident that they will do our photographs justice.

Sandy -- Can I just send you the files and have you deal with the Costco part? I do my own printing for my uses, and have never dealt with them at all. I'm also extremely time constrained, as I'm headed South for the winter in a couple of weeks and I'm frantically trying to get a bunch of stuff done for a bunch of people before I'm out of touch with the world for 6 months.

Neal

Comment

Sandra,

Sorry, by the time I saw your post/s I was away from my hard drive array with all my images on it.. I do have my little hand held and I think I have some good images of Galloping Ghost... unless that would be in bad taste?

Neal, if you're uploading to costco, be careful to check whatever setting it is that they have to ensure that what you upload is not compressed/resized... It's been a while, but there is a check box or something that has to be clicked.. you also should crop your shots to 8x10 in PS....

But you already knew that part (cropping) I'm sure!

Sandra... Gotta hit the sack, I'll see what I can do for you tomorrow.
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Sandra didn't see your post before heading out to the Grand Sierra for another overnighter. I passed on what you said via phone. I believe her response was... "GREAT !"

Bob

Comment

I'm away from home this weekend, I can que up a few images either Sunday night or Monday... How about another 20x30 Jimmy Memorial?
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
            I'm away from home this weekend, I can que up a few images either Sunday night or Monday... How about another 20x30 Jimmy Memorial?
            Wonderful, thanks so much Victor. We'll take another 20x30 of the memorial and whatever else you're willing to share.
            Last edited by sandramore; 10-08-2011, 10:51 PM.
            sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
            http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Sandra asked me to pass this along to all AAFOers...

If you call Stewart, he's the easiest one to recognize over the phone. He's the one with the English accent.

Also, if you do call Stewart, please let him know you are associated with AAFO. Stewart is very much aware of this wonderful group.

Thanks guys and gals for all your help.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Tibia View Post
                Sandra asked me to pass this along to all AAFOers...

If you call Stewart, he's the easiest one to recognize over the phone. He's the one with the English accent.

Also, if you do call Stewart, please let him know you are associated with AAFO. Stewart is very much aware of this wonderful group.

Thanks guys and gals for all your help.

Bob
                Thanks, Bob. I now have internet access at the GSR again. Starting tomorrow a.m. through Tuesday noon is the push. If you want to call Stewart, that would be the perfect time. If you know you're going to phone at a certain time, let us know ahead of time. I'm available by phone (even if I'm napping!). We'd like to get some graphics with your name put together for when you call, as was done with Dennis Buehn.

And, please, please pass on the word.

Comment

5% of selling price donated to "Restless Act of Kindness" Victim Relief Fundraiser if you purchase any of these items.

1. GLOVES FLIGHT, NOMEX, MIL SPEC, SIZE 10 LARGE, SAGE GREEN, NEW.
                  Have a unique item that you'd like to buy-sell-trade? Here's the place to do it! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system.

2. JACKET, NOMEX, FLIGHT, FLYERS, CWU 45/P, WINTER WEIGHT, MIL SPEC, LARGE.
                  Have a unique item that you'd like to buy-sell-trade? Here's the place to do it! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system.

3. X15 North American Desk Top Model and stand.

SkyVanDelta@yahoo.com
                  Alameda, CA
                  Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-12-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks much, Sir.

Comment

Sandra, You can have every sketch I came home with but the Gator, I am holding it for the team. Send me an address to mail if your interested. Thanks, KC

Comment

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA View Post
                        Sandra, You can have every sketch I came home with but the Gator, I am holding it for the team. Send me an address to mail if your interested. Thanks, KC
                        I agree, I'm glad you're doing that. Here's my email: sandramore@levelpitch.org

Hugs,
                        Sandra

Comment

I'll update the news until Sandra does based on Monday mornings chat and my memory. I hope it's accurate.

The event started Thursday noon, but I believe he had been up prior to noon and was attempting to go for 5 days without sleep, (5x24=120 hours) going until Tuesday noon.

Stewart lasted 87 hours without sleep, entered into confusion, memory lapses or loss, wasn't feeling well and ended the stay awake marathon session.

He started when he awoke Thursday 6am? and lasted until sometime Monday morning early, had 5 hours of sleep, then came back on Monday morning around 9:30am for his final broadcast.

The side effects of sleep derprivation are unpleasant, like headaches, tremors, hallucinations, aching muscles, depression, confusion, just feeling miserable..., something most people would want to avoid.

Stewart is a real warrior and trooper to make such an effort for a fundraiser for the injured. He'll probably be sleeping for the next couple of days. I'd like to hear his story of what he felt during this time. Good job everyone.

I think this is his last video on Monday morning http://www.livestream.com/loadedtv/v...edium=ui-thumb
                          Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-10-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but we're stubborn, die hard air race types. We don't fold that easy. lol

Stewart did manage 87 hours, which doesn't count the hours before we startng counting.

He ended up taking an enforced 5 hour nap - his body insisted - between 2am and 7am. And now we're going until tomorrow at around noon.

We're putting up a photogallery with all the donated photographs, and setting up the way to order them with prices, etc.

I'll let everyone know when that is "live."

For those of you who hung out online and helped keep ALL of us awake, you have my thanks.

Comment

Sandra

Can you find out what time he woke up on Thursday and if he took a nap before starting his marathon session? He should have credit for that time if he was awake without sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                                Sandra

Can you find out what time he woke up on Thursday and if he took a nap before starting his marathon session? He should have credit for that time if he was awake without sleep.
                                I'll certainly ask him and I'll post the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X