SPECIAL REQUEST for the "Restless Act of Kindness" Victim Relief Fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPECIAL REQUEST for the "Restless Act of Kindness" Victim Relief Fundraiser

SandraMore and Stewart (LoadedTV) are currently on air with the Restless Act of Kindness Victim Relief Fundraiser. They have made the following request :

"We need to know if any photographers would be willing to donate photographs that we can give away for donations."

Sandra can be reached at : http://www.livestream.com/loadedtv

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Bass
    Corona, Ca
    Last edited by Tibia; 10-08-2011, 05:27 PM.

Re: SPECIAL REQUEST for the "Restless Act of Kindness" Victim Relief Fundraiser

We would like to get involved and help out with some Griffon Wine. Not sure how this works...Wayne?

Jim

Comment

Super !!!

Thank you, Jim.

(check your pm)

Bob

Comment

I so appreciate the offer, Jim. I've sent you and Bob a PM.

I have to tell you, I'm really amazed (and rather disgusted) at the decision not to help out. All we're asking is that you choose the photos, send them as 8x10's or 16x20's to Costco or Walgreens, they'll have your copyright on them, we'll pay for the printing, and we'll mail them out. This doesn't cost you anything.

We'll show the photos on camera and then we'll send them to whoever gives the donation.

Come on guys...

Sandra
        sandramore@levelpitch.org
        sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
        http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Photos incoming Sandra!

--Mark

Comment

Sandra,

Yes, it is amazing.

All of the great photographic talent on this forum and not so much as a single offer to help in this cause. Thought I read somewhere in the forum where at least one of the photographers desired to increase his audience. This fundraiser would most certainly provide for a wider audience while helping the victims of the unfortunate accident.

Bob
            - a newbe to this current forum, who was part of the original group in its past incarnation.

--- written before Mark posted. THANKS Mark
            Last edited by Tibia; 10-08-2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Count me in. I'll get in touch w/Sandra asap.

Don 'Bucky' Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by Tibia View Post
                Sandra,

Yes, it is amazing.

All of the great photographic talent on this forum and not so much as a single offer to help in this cause. Thought I read somewhere in the forum where at least one of the photographers desired to increase his audience. This fundraiser would most certainly provide for a wider audience while helping the victims of the unfortunate accident.

Bob
                - a newbe to this current forum, who was part of the original group in its past incarnation.
                I don't mean to be grumpy, but I'm slightly sleep deprived. I keep hearing this forum talk about how close knit of a community we are. Really? Then where is everyone?

Thanks again to Jim for the offer of wine. We'll take it, we just need to work out the logistics.

And, Mark Downing, you're my hero. I can't tell you what your offering your photos has done for my spirit this evening.

I've got friends trying to reach Steve Hinton, Contri, Sanders and others. So far they've been incognito. I know you guys, know them as well. All we want them to do is call and chat with Stewart about the races. This isn't a deposition and no speculation is required. Just talking about your aircraft and your love of this sport. That's it.

Here's Stewart's number again. 775.376.3784. This goes for ALL of the AAFO community. Wayne, call Stewart. He's not going to ask any uncomfortable questions. The things we talk about here in public is all he wants. Let's educate the public, let's show them that we ARE a close knit community. Talk about your passion. That's all I'm asking.

He really needs people from noon Monday until Tuesday. I'm going to ask, cajole, beg, grumble. Without the pilots,crews and aircraft, we wouldn't have airraces. Without spectators and fans we wouldn't have air races. So please, guys and gals, help out.

Comment

Don... THANK You

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
                    Count me in. I'll get in touch w/Sandra asap.

Don 'Bucky' Dawson
                    Thanks, Don. Another hero.

I'm going to print them 8x10 and take them down so we can show them off. I'm also going to take Mark's 16x20 that is hanging on my wall. We'll offer them as 8x10's and larger, depending on the donation. Then we'll print the larger sizes as needed.

Thanks, guys, you have no idea how grateful I am.

I know one of knows Larry. Tell Larry I'm thinking of him.

Comment

I just got off the phone with Bucky. Please let me say that I understand the concern about losing control over these photos.

The photos will be controlled by me. If you'll send me just a few, I'm going to make an 8x10 that can be shown on camera. If folks want a larger image, I'll be the one handling that. After we're done with it, I'm going to delete all the files you send me. I understand how much time, money and energy you put into this and I'll guard these files with my life. They will reside on my computer until we're done with them and no one else's.

Bucky suggested that we create a photo gallery so that after the telethon ends on Tuesday, people can still donate in exchange for the photos. I'm going to talk to Mike and Rob Jones tonight and we'll get started on that.

If you're more comfortable with that, I understand, but I still request a couple of photos that we can use between now and Tuesday. We'll start plugging the photo gallery as soon as it's up, and a link will be on the ThinkKindness.org donation site.

I hope that helps. Please call me if you have any questions about how the money will be distributed, or anything else. I'm here to answer those questions.

Now, here's a bit more from the soapbox. If we don't help, then the air race community becomes conspicuous by its absence. The more we pitch in and help, the more visible we are, the stronger the argument we can make for continuing the races. The more of you that participate, whether it be by coming down or calling in, the better we look. I wish I didn't have to put it in those terms, but it's the truth. I don't want the silence of this community to be deafening, and right now it is.

Think of home many members AAFO has. If each of you called and talked to Stewart for a 5 minutes, we could fill the telethon with conversation until the end on Tuesday. Stewart has already told me that if the interest and participation is there, he'll keep going.

So, please, take into consideration what your participation and lack thereof could mean.

Comment

Well, I reckon I'm in too...

I'm assuming a minimally compressed jpeg would be what Costco etc. would want? I'm preparing a couple of images right now. I'm also assuming that if a shot version prints well on my home setup it'll print well for the Costco lab. I have no experience with the big labs -- I guess we'll see.

Neal

Comment

Super Neal !!! THANK YOU

Years ago had a chance to use Costco for some picture printing for some group type photos. The store we used had an on-site photo printing machine, I believe a multipass dye type. Pictures all turned out excellent.

btw, and they used Kodak paper (which was actually manufacturer by a certain company I once worked for with the initials mmm)

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by vodkaandsoda View Post
                            We would like to get involved and help out with some Griffon Wine. Not sure how this works...Wayne?

Jim
                            Put me down for the Wine....and photos.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                              Well, I reckon I'm in too...

I'm assuming a minimally compressed jpeg would be what Costco etc. would want? I'm preparing a couple of images right now. I'm also assuming that if a shot version prints well on my home setup it'll print well for the Costco lab. I have no experience with the big labs -- I guess we'll see.

Neal
                              Thank you, sir. Costo will take what you send them. The one Victor sent for the poster size was over 8 mgs. You can send them the high resolution file and Costco won't have any problems with them whatever.

Thanks, again, Neal. Just let me know what size prints you're sending, because Costco files "normal" size prints and poster size prints (larger than 8x10) separately.

Bucky, you can do the same, if that feels safer to you. Upload photos to Costco, in whatever size. I'll go pick them up. Again, just let me know what size you're sending.
                              Last edited by sandramore; 10-08-2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X