Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you remember?

[QUOTEJim Ricketts' B-25J][/QUOTE
    We were out on pylon 4 in 82 when they towed it in on one of the dirt roads out there, with the nose missing. As I recall they towed it past the crowd later in the week with a gun nose on it.
    That was the year we watched the Super Corsair and Dread play around the clouds one evening. The sound of those two corncobs echoing back from the clouds was just plain beautiful!
    Also the year of Skips runaway prop and that awesome landing, basically pulling up on the front straight, doing a sort-of loop and landing ahead on the front runway. Over in seconds!

Anybody stay in the Soroptimists lot and remember the guy that used to march around in the evenings playing bagpipes?
    Heavily laced coffee being passed amongst the gate-sitters in the dark of early morning?
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Re: Do you remember?

Went to my first race while in college at UNR in 1974.
      Bob Hoover's routine in the Shrike Commander was always my favorite along with the announcer who would ham it up by informing us the plane in the show was on delivery to a customer!
      Art Scholl in the Chipmunk performing the lumshavok (sorry for spelling) was thrilling to see too.
      The Red Barron was the dominate plane back then. A girl I had a crush on at UNR had the RB sticker on the back of her brand new silver corvette! Wonder where she is now? Hopefully she faired better than her favorite plane!
      Hate not seeing Dago Red even though I always hoped for the Rare Bear to beat her.
      Liked seeing Mike Brown finally get a win with one of the most beautiful Fury's on the planet. Glad she is back no matter how fast!
      Enjoyed Mr Penney and the Rare Bear crew overcoming all the gremlins hrs before it mattered to get a few wins.
      Almost forgot, yes Lefty and the P-38 was a sight to see too.

Comment

Working...
      X