Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

El Hefe new paint scheme? September Fury new motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: El Hefe new paint scheme? September Fury new motor?

Do you want win or last a long time? Fast and reliable don't normally go together.

Comment

Originally posted by rmudbugs View Post
      Do you want win or last a long time? Fast and reliable don't normally go together.
      Even the 3350s being built for non-racers haven't been living.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        Even the 3350s being built for non-racers haven't been living.
        There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 3350, it's a great engine. But it's only as good as it's built, and how it's operated and maintained.

Comment

I'm just sayin he has 2 cats so take one to the extreme and compete for gold.

Comment

Originally posted by rmudbugs View Post
            I'm just sayin he has 2 cats so take one to the extreme and compete for gold.
            He has two of maybe 6 flying. Those aren't odds that I like. Cut up and modify 18% of the country's Tigercat supply, while destroying it's resale value? Don't think he's going to do that.

Comment

Well I really liked the aircraft the way Mike Brown had her, he took alot of pride in her and the furies and was quite the showman and a nice guy at least when I met him he was, but those days are over and I realize that Mr. Lewis is the owner now and its his plane his money, I am sure what ever he comes up with it will look good going off of how the Bear looks now well see I guess. As far as this business with clipping wings and swapping engines why ruin a good thing, the plane already holds its own out there and does well in the silver races! With there only being 7 of these beauties left flying as opposed to the almost 300 Mustangs that still exist I would hate to see one of these F7Fs cut on or modified thats just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by race9 View Post
                He has two of maybe 6 flying. Those aren't odds that I like. Cut up and modify 18% of the country's Tigercat supply, while destroying it's resale value? Don't think he's going to do that.
                Yeah my thoughts exactly!

Comment

Just for the sake of argument, could a Tigercat ever be modified enough to compete with the fastest in the Gold? It's heavy and a great deal of drag.

Comment

Sorry to diverge from the Tigercat talk (honestly, what a cool sound as they round the pylons) but I had a quick question about September Fury. Does anyone know if they are building a race engine to be competitive in the Sunday Gold or will it be less modified then her previous engines? I couldn't have been happier to hear she was coming back, one of my favorites.
                    Last edited by PowerByPackard; 08-01-2011, 12:26 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
                      Sorry to diverge from the Tigercat talk (honestly, what a cool sound as they round the pylons) but I had a quick question about September Fury. Does anyone know if they are building a race engine to be competitive in the Sunday Gold or will it be less modified then her previous engines? I couldn't have been happier to here she was coming back, one of my favorites.
                      I don't know if it's been mentioned here or elsewhere but knowing Rod Lewis, I would not be at all surprised to see him in SeptFury with a badass motor fighting up at the front of the pack!

We watched him at PRS and that man LOVES to fly fast and LOW... He's got a ton of hours, but way less time than I think he'd like to get from A to B but... I'd not be surprised!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Stock motor, no slow nose, long wings, boil off removed (parts of it are on the Bear now), and Hoot will be the pilot. I believe Rod will be flying "Here Kitty Kitty".

Comment

Stock motor, no slow nose, long wings, boil off removed (parts of it are on the Bear now), and Hoot will be the pilot. I believe Rod will be flying "Here Kitty Kitty".
                          Not necessairly this year but I'd not even be surprised to see him do some laps in the Bear... *some day*...
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

While it will be strange not to see her towards the front of the pack on Sunday afternoon, it will still be a treat to see her out there. For me, that's one of those planes that's fun to look at just sitting in the pits.

44 days and counting for me...........

Comment

Not Quite.

There are no parts off 232's boiler on RB.

Rod should be in what was known as Big Boss Man, new silver paint that goes back to some test squad F7F's where in. If I was told the new name I didn't pay enough attention, but the nose art is of some buxom blond. for some reason I remember that.

Comment

It will still be interesting to see the speeds of 232. Pretty much stock power but still a very clean air frame.

Comment

Working...
                                X