Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

El Hefe new paint scheme? September Fury new motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: El Hefe new paint scheme? September Fury new motor?

Originally posted by Reever View Post
    It will still be interesting to see the speeds of 232. Pretty much stock power but still a very clean air frame.
    Depending on how hard they run it, I think speeds will be somewhere around what Argonaut used to run with the 3350. Maybe Spirit of Texas speeds if the really push it up.

Comment

Originally posted by race9 View Post
      He has two of maybe 6 flying. Those aren't odds that I like. Cut up and modify 18% of the country's Tigercat supply, while destroying it's resale value? Don't think he's going to do that.
      Sorry I thought this was a racing forum not a warbird forum. I just thought it would be fun to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by rmudbugs View Post
        Sorry I thought this was a racing forum not a warbird forum. I just thought it would be fun to talk about.
        We do let this forum drift, a lot... I've never found it a problem because I get an email with every post, so I am always reading every post... I guess if you were following one particular subject this would not be so fun..

You guys want me to be more proactive with moving/splitting off-topic stuff?

I've always stepped in with harsh crap... stuff that truly rubs one the wrong way.. everything else, I sort of let .... err... sort itself out.

You guys tell me, I'll do whatever the majority wants..

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I say let it go.....and let itself sort out. I love all the information that people post. At least this forum has threads that stay somewhat on topic. I have been to some other sites where the topic in the thread is rarely talked about. Keep it rollin!
          "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

In my opinion, let it roll. I have always found that vast majority of these discussions to be very thought provoking and relatively on topic. There are only a few that ever get even borderline controversial.

Comment

Let it go... That was not the point of my post.

Comment

Like Donald Sutherland in Kelly's Heros said, You gotta let it roll man.. (or something like that)

Comment

Ok since we all agree to let it role I am going to go off topic but some what stay on topic going off some comments that were made on this thread. Alright some of you metioned fire bomber schemes, well what I thought would be cool is a fire bomber schemed A 26 to round the pylons maybe in the bronze class as a tribute to the fire bomber pilots, crews, and the industry as a whole, but I am not sure if that aircraft goes over the size and weight rules of the unlimited class, I have seen some A 26s for sale on Barnstormers.com but no one seems to be bying them.

Comment

Oh yeah quick note I looked over the unlimited entry list for this year and noticed that 232s pilot is listed as to be decided, hopefully it will be Hoot at the controls like some of the post have been saying

Comment

Yeah, no more negative waves, man.
                      Silver huh? Ought to be interesting. Don't think I've seen one in anything but blue except for fire bombers.

Mark, as I have read on other forums, the A-26 is more costly to operate (than say a B-25) and has seating and licensing issues that don't allow it to bring in revenue that other bombers do, making it more of a "hobby" aircraft. That said, I would sure love one if I could. One of my favorites.
                      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                        Yeah, no more negative waves, man.
                        Silver huh? Ought to be interesting. Don't think I've seen one in anything but blue except for fire bombers.

Mark, as I have read on other forums, the A-26 is more costly to operate (than say a B-25) and has seating and licensing issues that don't allow it to bring in revenue that other bombers do, making it more of a "hobby" aircraft. That said, I would sure love one if I could. One of my favorites.
                        Hey Leo, Yeah the A26s are great looking planes look pretty solid too and compared to other warbirds not priced all that bad either, you are getting a twin engined R2800 powered aircraft for about $125,000! Now compare that to some of the others out there Mustangs, Seafuries, and lets throw the Tigercats in there too all $1,000,000 mil and up, I am with you if I only had the money hey I do have a great credit rating ha ha my wife would kill me!

Comment

Unless you were looking at a K model A-26 it probably wouldn't be worth buying......unless money was no object. A-Mark had to rebuild those from worn out hulks just so the Air Force , or CIA, or whomever could fly the wings off them again IIRC. It was definately one of the most long lived aircraft in the U. S. inventory, and incredibly versitile.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
                            Unless you were looking at a K model A-26 it probably wouldn't be worth buying......unless money was no object. A-Mark had to rebuild those from worn out hulks just so the Air Force , or CIA, or whomever could fly the wings off them again IIRC. It was definately one of the most long lived aircraft in the U. S. inventory, and incredibly versitile.

Kevin
                            Hey Kevin, the A26 that I found says that it is air spray T4 "Miss Red Dear" and that it has a experimental exibition certification, there is nothing about what model though like k or c or anything like that, I am assuming its like the ones up in Alberta and was used for fire fighting, with that certification is there any thing that it could be used for or would it just be hobby only.

Comment

Afternoon,

This picture of what I think is one of Rod Lewis' Tigercats in Silver.

I forgot this. The final scheme if it's like the one Gurmman flew during testing it may have the large word "test on each side of the forward fuselage done in orange with a black outline and propeller spinners.

Willie
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Warbird5; 08-16-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Even if they stop there and just add stars-n-bars it's gonna look sweet.
                                JMHO
                                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                                X