Race 74 Reno '11 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Race 74 Reno '11 ??

A smoke trail on approach but still a thing of beauty.
    Thanks Wayne.

GP

Comment

Awesome! Never thought I would see one fly, let alone two!

Comment

When I click on the vid to play, it says " Video Is Private"....??? How do I watch it?

Thanks,
        Dustin
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Bob Odegaard Flying Super Corsair Race # 74 Raw footage of First Flight.Casey Odegaard in P-51D Mustang (Cripes A' Mighty) used as a chase plane. Video taken...

They did an edit and took the original down.

Comment

Fixed the link, the embedded player works again...
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

They posted on the youtube video page that the motor was making metal after the test flight, motor is off the plane and reno isnt happening.
              Sad sad news, but atleast its flying and is an uber maybe for next year.

Comment

Anyone heard anything new on Race 74? I don't think there is much that is cooler than seeing the Super Corsair profile coming around pylons 7, 8 and 9.

Comment

Engine is toast.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
                    Engine is toast.
                    Thanks Tim. I was hoping that just this once they would find a "quick fix" and be able to make it to Reno. I knew I was hoping against hope but that's part of the fun during the build up to Reno. Maybe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
                      Engine is toast.
                      #74 would have been a highlight of the Show, but let's hope the damage is minimal.

Has anyone heard what Powerplant Sept. Fury will be running? I noticed a 4360 cowling mold sitting right next to Sept. Fury while it was hangared in Ione, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by BaylesScott View Post
                        #74 would have been a highlight of the Show, but let's hope the damage is minimal.

Has anyone heard what Powerplant Sept. Fury will be running? I noticed a 4360 cowling mold sitting right next to Sept. Fury while it was hangared in Ione, Ca.
                        Heh, wouldn't THAT be something.

Comment

Um...perhaps because it was sitting in the same hangar as Furias? :-)

What I've heard is that it is having a stock -3350 hung on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                            Um...perhaps because it was sitting in the same hangar as Furias? :-)

What I've heard is that it is having a stock -3350 hung on it.

Cowling mold was from Dreadnought and Sept. Fury was parked in a different hangar. Wishful thinking i guess.

Comment

Cowling mold was from Dreadnought and Sept. Fury was parked in a different hangar. Wishful thinking i guess.
                              Too bad. That got my heart going for sure. The thought of three 4360 powered Sea Furys is enough to get anyones ticker pumpin'!

I just hope to see Furias there. Awful quiet on that front.

Comment

Dread doesn't have a composite cowl does it? I thought the Cowl mold was from Daryl Greenamyers's Shockwave project and they were seeing it it could be made to work on Furias. I could be completely wrong on that though. With all the nice composite pieces Andy already built for furias, I could see more composite parts being made for it over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X