September Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Fury

I'd love to see (and hear) 232 chasing The Rare Bear in the Gold again.

This thread is starting to sound like a movie quote from a few years back....

"First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price? Only, this one can be kept secret."
    Last edited by N22252; 02-01-2011, 11:28 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
      I'd love to see (and hear) 232 chasing The Rare Bear in the Gold again.

This thread is starting to sound like a movie quote from a few years back....

"First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price? Only, this one can be kept secret."
      Contact, What do I win?
      Last edited by Matt58; 02-01-2011, 11:41 AM. Reason: grammer
      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

I'm still keeping this one in the "I'll believe it when I see it" file. The systems on 232 alone will require waaaay more crew than what Rod has right now.

Comment

I'll be glad to park the T-6 and race it!!

Comment

that news sounds great! not to change the subject, but regaurding another sea fury; was has become of Furias?
            Remember: No drinking within 50 feet of the aircraft, and no smoking within 8 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by mmu2 View Post
              This is GREAT NEWS, the more the better for everyone, got to beat that witch
              This is good news but beat Strega, I don't think so.

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by steak_pilot View Post
                that news sounds great! not to change the subject, but regaurding another sea fury; was has become of Furias?
                Talking to Matt, he should be driving Furias at Reno this year. They almost made it last year but too many last minuet issues to finish. I'm sure Matt can shed more light on the current status. I'm anxious so see her run, I wish them the best of racer luck this year.

Cloudchaser

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
                  This is good news but beat Strega, I don't think so.

Jarrod
                  My thoughts exactly. The only way 232 would beat Strega is if they blew up. Even then, Voodoo would next in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                    My thoughts exactly. The only way 232 would beat Strega is if they blew up. Even then, Voodoo would next in line.
                    after the bear and galloping ghost of course...

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                      after the bear and galloping ghost of course...
                      No, I think Voodoo is capable of beating both of them.

Comment

I think the Galloping Ghost while it may be fast, still is not in the same class as Rare Bear, Voodoo, and Strega. Time will tell but it hasn't really gone very fast yet.

Jarrod
                        Last edited by jarrodeu; 02-02-2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
                          I think the Galloping Ghost while it may be fast, still is not in the same class as Rare Bear, Voodoo, and Strega. Time will tell but it hasn't really gone very fast yet.

Jarrod
                          As far as you know. I still think all bets are off until Jimmy opens it wide up in Gold-level competition. Personally, I think a lot of people are going to be eating crow when Jimmy takes the Gold.

As the world's biggest 232 fan, I really don't think it has what it takes to beat Strega, or a healthy Rare Bear. It just seems too big and not quite fast enough. I think its wide lines really work against it. That being said, I'm far from being an expert and I've heard people say that there was a lot more to get out of that airframe. I hope they're right!

I can't wait to see/hear Furias. As you can tell I have a soft spot for super Sea Furies. Like GG, I think Furias could be a contender.

I would love nothing more than to see an honest 5 plane race in the Unlimited Gold. So far, with little exception, we've been treated to a clear winner, with a couple tight races between 2 and 3 or 3 and 4, etc.

Comment

I feel the Ghost may have some surprises for us. Since they canceled the Sunday races we didn't really get a chance to see what she had. I love the sleek airframe and the engine had a nice crisp bark to it. Let those guys get her dialed in, then we'll see.

Cloudchaser

Comment

Here's to a 2011 Gold race to make up for last year! Smoot better be quick to stay ahead of all those monster airframes for cleaner air...

Comment

Originally posted by zithready View Post
                                Here's to a 2011 Gold race to make up for last year! Smoot better be quick to stay ahead of all those monster airframes for cleaner air...
                                Earlier posts suggest they won't be ready until 2012 but I truly hope they can finish in time to make this year's show. ...can't wait to see what it's capable of...

Comment

Working...
                                X