Relentless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Relentless

Bottom line, if Kevin is fine then a great day in the end. This is the sort of thing that shows you even the best prepped planes are still pushing to limits of everything.

Kevin, I hope that next year finds you back, faster than ever. You know we'll all be cheering you on!

For now, we are so happy your skills got you back on the ground safe!

I'm going on the record as the first number one fan of Relentless II!

Spacegrrrl.

Comment

I talked to Kevin moments before they were going out to tow the plane back in. He said that it was running really strong and that's why he was pushing it. The airframe itself is ok, but engine is not. The fire didn't get out hand before it was hosed. The prop-hub and a filter were already back at his pit. Now it's a matter of piecing together what broke first. He handled a scary situation like a true pro.

LP

Comment

Bottomline..........................he walks away to fly another day.That's all that matters.Anyone who bails out(Super Corsair),survives reasonalby intact,gets back at it and RACES again. This man carries them around in a
        wheelbarrel!

Comment

It was smoke, a loud series of pops and then that scream. He did an awsome job bringing her down!
          Not sure what was first, distance and sound and all that.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Did the whole prop depart from the engine or did it loose a blade and shake itself silly?

Comment

Originally posted by BKB View Post
              Bottomline..........................he walks away to fly another day.That's all that matters.Anyone who bails out(Super Corsair),survives reasonalby intact,gets back at it and RACES again. This man carries them around in a
              wheelbarrel!
              The Super Corsair was a different Kevin. Both are awesome pilots.
              Sky Critter

Comment

Scream....ie: buzz saw from hell = runaway prop. That would explain the departure of prop.
                FlyingJibus-reread my post -"that is even more scary than Dave Morss' Lancair 4 prop"--meaning kevin probably has video that is wilder than Dave's L-IV video.
                May be awhile before we get to see it though......

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                  To both awesome pilots named Kevin that have show amazing skills on the race course! Thank goodness they are well and still walk among us!

Spacegrrrl

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl View Post
                    To both awesome pilots named Kevin that have show amazing skills on the race course! Thank goodness they are well and still walk among us!

Spacegrrrl
                    AMEN to that!

Comment

Man that's terrible, so glad he brought it in ok.

I'm been pulling for Rapid Travel this year but woudn't wish this on anyone. It's really not gonna be very exciting without any NXTs. Kevin and the Relentless team bring a lot to the sport. I wish them the best.
                      Jeff

Comment

Painful to see my favorite Super Sport out this year. So glad that Kevin brought her down safely. This is truly the little plane that will not quit! I hope Relentless can be saved to race again another day. If anybody can bring her back, it is Kevin.

Rack me up for a few more Relentless T-shirts!

Comment

Well, he (Kevin) does have another partially constructed NXT kit that was to become "Tracer". Maybe he'll pull parts from that kit to rebuild Relentless or maybe complete that kit as Relentless II.

Count me in if the donation bucket get passed around.

Hats off to a great pilot and true competitor.
                          Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post
                            Did the whole prop depart from the engine or did it loose a blade and shake itself silly?
                            The facts are that the spinner forward separated in spectacular fashion . It appears that the baldes separated first, then the spinner, all in a VERY short time period. It was one of the most interesting sounds I have ever heard.

One of our crew members got really good video of it and will hopefully show it to Kevin tomorrow.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                              Not sure about that I think they are one and the same Kevin Eldridge.

Someone out there will know for sure.If I am incorrect I apologize in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by BKB View Post
                                Not sure about that I think they are one and the same Kevin Eldridge.

Someone out there will know for sure.If I am incorrect I apologize in advance.
                                They are definitely different people. I used to think the same thing but was corrected some time back.

Spacegrrrl

Comment

Working...
                                X