Jesse James learning to race!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jesse James learning to race!!!

He owns a metal fab machine that was used in Germany to build Bi-Planes for WWI. I hope I did not come across as negitave. The guy is super nice. Been to his place as a tourist they were super cool there talk to you about whatever you wanted.

Comment

I fully understand that everyone is titled to their opinions, and I respect every one of them.

Does anyone have any idea what this could mean to this sport and its future? It is a HUGE step in the right direction. Like him or dislike him, he has a MASSIVE fan base that will possibly tune in to watch and possibly be turned on to this sport. His fans are gearheads like some of us. Hell, 75% of my love for the sport is the mechanical aspect of it. Has anyone seen what this guy can do to metal? Simply amazing!!! I think we need to welcome any type of publicity we can get since the future is unclear.

I know that not a lot of people like him, but this is what we need!!!
      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

I just returned from Stead. Jesse does not have a pilots license. He rode in the back is what I was told. Ok, I agree, the publicity is good for the sport. He is amazing when it comes to bending, cutting and welding metal. He scored Sandra and that is huge so go figure! Got some pics but can't figure out how to down load with a url #?

Comment

I hate to show my age and ignorance here, but who is Jesse James? I've never heard of the guy...

Comment

Hans, click on post a reply, then scroll down to the button that says "manage attachments". Click on that and then click browse and go to the folder you have them in on your pc. Then click attach. It's pretty self explanatory once you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
              I hate to show my age and ignorance here, but who is Jesse James? I've never heard of the guy...
              Wiki link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_G._James

Comment

Thanks #5...here it goes.
                Attached Files

Comment

A reliable source told me Rare Bear is in hibernation in the old bear cave. Nobody there. Mike Browns fleet was bought by Lewis!! Is this old news? So what's he going to do with Sept Fury and Pops and Big Boss Man?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I dont know why people are hating on Jesse James.... Really shows the current demographic of the Reno Air Races.

I happen to think any air rare exposure is good no matter who is at the controls. To get younger, different ranges of people involved in this sport is exactly what it needs.
                    CFI/CFII/MEI
                    www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                    www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

I can see it now, a P-51 with a couch fabricated inside the cockpit and a nasty sound system blasting hip hop! Can we at least mandate Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Tattoo tents in the midway! Demographics? Ok Mr Inverted, you apparently have not seen any of his shows. He complains about fame but I think if you accept the money then u have to accept the hassle. He built a brewery on a truck, drove it up to Mammoth then is rude to the hikers seeking his autograph. I play in the Sierra and race motocross in his backyard and I don't think he needs to be so single minded and arrogant. I hate to see him become the poster child of the Reno Air Races thats all.

Comment

Buddy I have seen the shows... Did you happen to see the one where he made a flying car? I would say he has a pretty creative mind, thats IF you have seen his shows.

Your statement makes it real clear why Air Racing only appeals to a small few.... And also pretty hypocritical saying he is single minded. Yet because he doesnt listen to your music or dress the way you do, you dont want him involved in air racing...Very interesting.
                        CFI/CFII/MEI
                        www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                        www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Comment

I stopped by out there just as things were wrapping up. I thought the guy was pretty cool, but then I didn't ask for his autograph. An unnamed RARA official thinks that this could be a shot in the arm for the Air Races. I don't see him becoming the 'poster child' of the air races. This has the potential to draw new people to the races, and that is a good thing. But then I like to think that my glass is half full, either that I have the wrong size glass.

When the show airs in May, look for an Air Racing spot to coincide with the show.

LP

Comment

I'd rather have Billy Lane on our side! Do u know who he is Inverted? I'd like to see Jesse c walk'n in Jackson Hole with Sandra, lol! The guy was totally dissin the Alpine look at Mammoth. I don't mind c walkin in Vans or sporting Dicks and a New Era 5950 but just don't diss the rest of us because we're different. Your not picking up what I'm throwing down!

Comment

Wow.

Next thing you know someone is gonna tell me that Chuck Yeager isn't a kindly old man, but a grouchy old a$$hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X