Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some qual. times are up!

Originally posted by MRussell
    Remember when they flew her to Oshkosh!?!? It was so ODD (and awesome) to see the Bear sitting on Wittman Field.

I'm old
    That was a trip from hell, Hydraulic problems in Colorado, coil problems in Wisconsin, tailwheel locked up and damaged the strut in New Mexico on the way back. No I didn't go on that trip but I talked a Cessna mechanic through Bearcat Hydraulics 101 on the phone I shipped two boxes of coils to Oshkosh, and borrowed a tailwheel strut from Dusty Dowd. Oshkosh trip was a horrible adventure. By the way the original Bear transporter hit an Elk on the way back and totalled the tractor. That trip was as costly for the Bear team as St. Jovite was for FoMoCo.
    John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr
      I wouldn't doubt what you say a bit, John. I'm sure it likes to move and circulate all of the stuff, and I know it gives the crew a better idea of what all the systems are doing once a little track record is set.

But it's kind of like when "The Class" determined your Dad needed to land a T-6 three times under supervision before he could be safe in the Bearcat that time. Arbitrary!
      No doubt on the 2.5 hour BS, I was just responding that it wont hurt. but if they are ready for flight before the end of quals. They should be allowed to qualify then fly it off, the fly-off has not been in effect in previous years.

Yeah the classic three take-off and landing T-6 deal was Zeuschel signing off the dual time with Lyle at Agua Dulce. That is classic stuff.
      John Slack

Comment

I didn't know it was Z. Sounds like a 100 dollar hamburger flight. The wind is always fun there, Lyle probably showed Z some stuff!

Comment

How about Howard Pardue in the Bearcat at 417 and change!!?? That's really moving for a stock 'cat and a big jump from previous years IIRC.

-Jeff

Comment

That's a huge increase. That is really fast for a Bearcat!

Comment

Working...
            X