Unlimited Updates???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unlimited Updates???

I was watching closely for more wing information as well Lance. New wings on Czech Mate would have been one of the biggies of the offseason.

Back in the Reno Highlights thread Stregafan had this to say:

***"Czech Mate does not have new wings. Some "adjustments" were made which resulted in shiny smooth new paint on the wings.

(I get to spend a lot of time at the hanger in Shafter this time of year because my husband in on Tiger's crew, and I actually got to do some of the sanding on the Yak's wings. Lots of hard work but lots of fun.)

Great news, but not as intriguing as a new race designed wing we were speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
      Did RCH just delete all of his posts? There was good stuff there.
      John,
      Wayne thought they were a bit provocative, and that our responses were taking the thread off track, so a little editing took place. It's his sandbox.

Comment

...???

Comment

Originally posted by MUSNTCHIT
          ...???
          *Somebody* came in and across several posts, in multiple threads, decided it was their time to smear caca on someone else...

Not having all the time in the world, and with the thread getting completely out of control with back and forth mud slinging, I took the only course I have time to take, particularly at this time of year...

Rule #1 says: We don't pee on each other's Wheaties..

I truly don't have time to or inclination deal with negativity, hate&discontent... whatever you want to call message board emotions... I do not think most of the visitors here want to see this sort of thing either.

Though all may not be in agreement, it's a LOT easier to simply nip this stuff in the bud, not allow oursleves, myself included, to get involved with attempting to reason with comments that are aimed at getting someone else's goat.. It just simply, always esclates! People say stuff on message boards they would NEVER say to a person's face. Often times, they even know the person they are smashing.. though one of the parties USUALLY does not know who the other is.. Generally the "victim" of said behavior..

So.. some posts got removed.. some feathers got ruffled, we move closer to race day, people are working their butts off.. there's nothing to see here..

TIA for understanding...

Carry on Motorsports Fans!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            *Somebody* came in and across several posts, in multiple threads, decided it was their time to smear caca on someone else...

Not having all the time in the world, and with the thread getting completely out of control with back and forth mud slinging, I took the only course I have time to take, particularly at this time of year...

Rule #1 says: We don't pee on each other's Wheaties..

I truly don't have time to or inclination deal with negativity, hate&discontent... whatever you want to call message board emotions... I do not think most of the visitors here want to see this sort of thing either.

Though all may not be in agreement, it's a LOT easier to simply nip this stuff in the bud, not allow oursleves, myself included, to get involved with attempting to reason with comments that are aimed at getting someone else's goat.. It just simply, always esclates! People say stuff on message boards they would NEVER say to a person's face. Often times, they even know the person they are smashing.. though one of the parties USUALLY does not know who the other is.. Generally the "victim" of said behavior..

So.. some posts got removed.. some feathers got ruffled, we move closer to race day, people are working their butts off.. there's nothing to see here..

TIA for understanding...

Carry on Motorsports Fans!

Wow you know who RCH is right? I mean I'm not saying but you know right?
            John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
              Wow you know who RCH is right? I mean I'm not saying but you know right?
              Yea, I think I do and it's probably not who I initially thought it was... there *even* **MIGHT** have been some tongue in cheek humor buried deep in there... but the recipient of the mud, and some others, failed to see it... if it was, indeed there..

I'm just a guy in the middle who has to try to spot fires before they get hot.. this place is not any fun for anyone when cat fights start... Sometimes I aim high and hit low.. nobody's perfect. I made a call on this one, I MIGHT and I repeat MIGHT have been wrong and the initial sling might have been an inside friend friend

Again.. that said.. at least SOME people here who are deeply involved with the parties in question DID NOT SEE THE HUMOR and did NOT like the direction..

Sooooo... Again.... anyway....

We're moving along now OK??

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

OK Smokey.
                Remember, only YOU can prevent flames....
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Hey Jeff, not an ignorant question at all. The Bear guys have literally been in the trenches with that airplane since about 2002 (current batch) In the early days with this current core group, the lack of material resources had to be and was made up with just pure effort and mechanical smarts... "get 'er done" attitude many many long nights.

Last year and this year was really more "polishing", going back and doing some things that had been thought of but either for lack of time or $$ in the past, had not been truly considered. Plus there really a complete inspection of the entire airframe to take care of whatever was needed to keep the Bear in the Air for years to come.

It's always an unknown whenever you take any machine apart, make changes and put it back together but if you do your stuff right and the gods are with you... it all works out..

I think, as far as how she'll fly, they really didn't do anything that radical that would change the flight characteristics. For the most part, they went after some nagging issues, not complex, not aero, just hard work...

Looks like the "got 'er done'!

Thanks Wayne.. and Here I am hesitant to drive my car after I change the brakes. The Crews and pilots are true champions in our day and age.

Jeff E
                  San Ramon Ca

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff E
                    Thanks Wayne.. and Here I am hesitant to drive my car after I change the brakes. The Crews and pilots are true champions in our day and age.
                    OH MAN!!! I can SOOOOO Relate to what you just said!!!!!!!!!!!

For my entire life, with the exception of the last few years, I ALWAYS did my own "stuff" to my machines.. From brakes to engine overhauls... I just never was satisfied with "good enough" that you get when you pay for it and HAD to have my hands in it... Oh WHERE OH WHERE is the email joke BeerNazi sent me about how women go about oil changes versus men.. (I'll find and post!!)

When you do your own work, it destroys the mechanical "magic".. now you KNOW how it does what it does, so you can think about WHAT it's doing when it's doing it, rather than just enjoying what it does..

OH... about not doing my own work.. Did I mention that I went from AIR COOLED to WATER COOLED?? (VDUB to CHEVY!!!)

At least in cars, air cooled means, CONSTANT attention, if it's not making noise, it's about to sieze, if it's not leaking oil, it's OUT of oil..

With water cooled engines, you start them, they run, you shut them off, they stop.. end of story..

Anyway.. don't want to make this a book.. I just drove my Chevy CK1500 120 miles on the first "leg" of my RENO oddessy with a "CHECK ENGINE SOON" light on.. AutoZone says it's an EGR issue... runs great... still looks clean out the pipes..

But anyway... that stupid light has us JUST about decided to bring BeerNazi's BMW instead of the RENO truck.. (it's in, slightly, in the background, at least, one scene of TOR).. Just aint right.. every mile today he kept telling me IGNORE THE LIGHT... TAKE ME TO RENO!!!!!!!

The fact that I have about 300 lbs of gear with me... just MIGHT be the deciding factor..

Geez...

I DID make this post a book!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

A little piece of electrical tape will make that light go away.
                      Last edited by Ken from PG; 09-03-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

OFF TOPIC DRIFT

Originally posted by Ken from PG
                        A little piece of electrical tape will make that light go away.
                        NOTE::: OKOK.. we're dragging this way into zone so I'm gonna label as such.. one vote for spliting thread and it's done....

Oh man... I just spit my SNPA ALL over my keyboard!!! I actually held my finger over it a few times on the way here... damn thing glows BEHIND where the tape would be. It'd be less noticeable.. But I'd KNOW it was still on!

I'm gonna go to AutoZone tomorrow after UPS makes my annual LAST minute, I didn't think about getting it, delivery here at BeerNazi's and buy the stupid electronic EGR thingie... In the 70's, when I drove carbs, I just closed off the EGR piping with stainless steel "gaskets", rejetted and went on my way.. I have NO idea what the Electronic EGR valve does but.. if AutoZone says I need one.... I think we may take 'er (Airplanes are women... I think Trucks are Dudes...)

OK OK..

But... I found the OIL change deal!!

***disclaimer: if this is copyrighted.. we claim FAIR USE RIGHTS in that it has been disseminated so many times across the internet, and modified SO many times that copyright must be diluted to the point that we just don't give a rip!***

Changing Oil - Men -vs- Women

Oil Change Instructions for Women:

1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.

2) Drink a cup of coffee.

3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.

Money spent:

Oil Change $20.00
                        Coffee $1.00
                        Total: $21.00

================================================== ==========
                        Oil Change Instructions for Men:

1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.

2) Stop by liquor store and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home.

3) Open first beer and drink it, to assess the situation.

4) Plan to jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.

5) Find jack stands behind garden hoses, rakes and assorted crap. Jack up vehicle.

6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.

7) Place drain pan under engine.

8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.

9) Give up and use crescent wrench.

10) Unscrew drain plug.

11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process, cuss.

12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.

13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.

14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.

15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.

16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.

17) Buddy shows up; finish case of beer with him. Decide to finish oil change tomorrow so you can go see his new garage door opener.

18) Sunday: Skip church because "I gotta finish the oil change." Drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car. Cleverly dump oil in hole in back yard instead of storing it for recycling.

19) Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during step 18.

20) Beer? No, drank it all yesterday.

21) Walk to grocery store to buy 3.2 beer.

22) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface. (Note that the filter companies tell you to do this just to ensure that the GASKET is actually there...)

23) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.

24) Remember drain plug from step 11.

25) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.

26) Remember that the used oil is buried in a hole in the back yard, along with drain plug.

27) Drink beer.

28) Shovel out hole and sift oily mud for drain plug. Re-shovel oily dirt into hole. Steal sand from kids' sandbox to cleverly cover oily patch of ground and avoid environmental penalties. Wash drain plug in lawnmower gas over a bad patch of lawn.

29) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.

30) Drink beer.

31) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame.

32) Bang head on floorboards in reaction to step 31.

33) Begin cussing fit.

34) Throw stupid crescent wrench.

35) Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy.

36) More beer.

37) Clean up hands and forehead and bandage as required to stop blood flow.

38) Beer.

39) Beer.

40) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.

41) Beer.

42) Lower car from jack stands.

43) Accidentally crush remaining case of new motor oil.

44) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during steps 23 - 43.

45) Beer.

46) Test drive car.

47) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.

48) Car gets impounded.

49) Call loving wife, she makes bail.

50) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.

Money spent:

Parts $50.00
                        DUI $2500.00
                        Impound fee $75.00
                        Bail $1500.00
                        Beer $40.00
                        Total - - $4,165.00

But you know the job was done right!!!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Screwdriver through oil filter

Ever do it and have the filter STILL not want to let loose...

What do you do now???

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Screwdriver through oil filter

Ever do it and have the filter STILL not want to let loose...

What do you do now???

Yup, pulled so hard on the filter wrench that the car nearly fell off the jack, too. I was about to leave the old filter on, but Dad suggested driving a screwdriver through the filter (from one side to the other), so I did. And it worked, twisting the filter can a bit in the process, but it did work.

I'm 48 and I still call Dad for mechanical advice.

Comment

remind me to never let you guys near my vehicle's

Comment

Re: Screwdriver through oil filter

Originally posted by FlyKidChris
                                Yup, pulled so hard on the filter wrench that the car nearly fell off the jack, too. I was about to leave the old filter on, but Dad suggested driving a screwdriver through the filter (from one side to the other), so I did. And it worked, twisting the filter can a bit in the process, but it did work.

I'm 48 and I still call Dad for mechanical advice.
                                Hmmm, I'm 49 and My dad still calls me when somethings broken.......
                                John Slack

Comment

Working...
                                X