Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hard Drive Crash - Verdict Is In $1275.00

Originally posted by fenceliner01
    Wow, bad news, right after your fried your board, too.
    Forgot to answer this part... I got "smart" and dug around and found that, yes, the standard board USB ports did not work but for less than $100. I was able to get a PCMCIA card that has two ports... So I give up the use of being able to run a card and USB at the same time but that's workable.. not ideal, but workable!

Also found while on the trip in Canada, my modem, which is right next to the USB ports, is also fried.. while this is a royal PITA if/when I need to hook to a phone, it's still a "workable" situation and I'll live with it..

I bought "big" when I got this laptop, has/had all the best stuff in it... it's outdated now but.. I can work with it and plan to for several more years... if it will go along with the plan that is!!

:knocksonwoodguy:
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by spinner
      Howdy Garnett. Long time since no c u. Ah...last Sept. See u soon. 60 or so days. Seghetti (this is not a hijack)
      Steve, you can feel 1000% free to hijack ANY thread you like! Just being able to enjoy you here enjoying yourself makes a lot of this worthwhile!!!!!!

See you in a "few" weeks... What day you headed down? I go through K No Falls on the way, prolly about the 8th...

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Heading down to Vaca on the 6th, pack the burb with support junk. The kid launches Sun 8:30 am for Xanadu and I will follow about 10. See you there then. Now dont stand me up like you did last year. Stop on by. Even Vik-tore said he will make a low pass. C uh, ss

Comment

I see that I have no offers of using my minolta or the Apple II......you wouldn't believe what we were able to do with this combination in 1982.........I became the top Mechanical Engineering Designer in the Nation with this combination in 1983 for the Owen's Corning Design Engineering Awards........LOL.....Oh, what I could have done with todays technology.....but..........I'd rather have a cold one with friends and go to Reno once a year......!!!!!

Is that too much to ask????????

p.s. Just married off the younger daughter in April.....cha-ching....tonite....my older daughters bo called and asked for her hand in marriage......I may have just retired...but I feel the need for a new job to help pay for this one...................HA!!!!!

"HA"......something Goss always put in his posts...I like!!!!
          Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Hey Wayne

Just made a small donation, simply for the fact nothin better then cruising AAFO during a little down time in the day to day aviation struggle.

Letsgoracin
            Cap'n Scott

Comment

Originally posted by "Race" Driver
              : p.s. Just married off the younger daughter in April.....cha-ching....tonite....my older daughters bo called and asked for her hand in marriage......I may have just retired...but I feel the need for a new job to help pay for this one...................HA!!!!!

"HA"......something Goss always put in his posts...I like!!!!
              WHOOEE, do I know that feeling. Two daughters, five years apart, got married in the same year. Can you spell "S-e-c-o-n-d M-o-r-t-g-a-g-e"?

Comment

Heading down to Vaca on the 6th, pack the burb with support junk. The kid launches Sun 8:30 am for Xanadu and I will follow about 10. See you there then. Now dont stand me up like you did last year. Stop on by. Even Vik-tore said he will make a low pass. C uh, ss
                Nope, not gonna stand you up, gonna leave the easterBunnyFayce there with you to keep her busy!...

Dunno how good an idea that is but.. ey.... what are friends for!!!

GOTTA keep her busy this year so's she'll come out and play more!!!

Man, I'm starting to get ex ci ted!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Tech
                  Hey Wayne

Just made a small donation, simply for the fact nothin better then cruising AAFO during a little down time in the day to day aviation struggle.

Letsgoracin
                  Cap'n Scott
                  I'm tellin' you guys.. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Cap'n Scott's contro and a couple others that are on they way via pony express, I think once I get back to the spread sheet and tot this up, we're over the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea when I posted the plea for help that ya'll would come through so... so damn STRONG!!!!

My "Boss" reads this forum and can tell whenever I'm not busy workin for them.. so's I gotta get back to work since I'm in da middle of a big project for them..

(serious)

Thanks again a million times over to all of ya's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayner
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by "Race" Driver
                    I see that I have no offers of using my minolta or the Apple II
                    I have no complaints about Minolta's... I used one my first year on the pylons and managed to get some decent shots.. particularly some from P4 when I won the lottery to get out there!!

Now about that AppleII thing....

That's what I put in my Smoothie every AM...

"Will It Blend???"

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                      Nope, not gonna stand you up, gonna leave the easterBunnyFayce there with you to keep her busy!...

Dunno how good an idea that is but.. ey.... what are friends for!!!

GOTTA keep her busy this year so's she'll come out and play more!!!

Man, I'm starting to get ex ci ted!

Easter bunny fayce.....who the devil is Easterbunnyfayce???????? You excited about Reno or are you excited about Easterbunnyfayce and the fact that you are going to dump her in me pit?????????Uh know the Chino crowd is there and Esaterbunnyfayce may not be tooawful safe with some of that crowd. I gotta tip over. TTFN
                      Last edited by spinner; 07-12-2007, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Easter bunny fayce.....who the devil is Easterbunnyfayce???????? You excited about Reno or are you excited about Easterbunnyfayce and the fact that you are going to dump her in me pit?????????Uh know the Chino crowd is there and Esaterbunnyfayce may not be tooawful safe with some of that crowd. I gotta tip over. TTFN
                        I'll just have to trust ya man.... Ewe'll be my protecter...

(fox guarding the hen house??)

And yesssss I am a very lucky man!
                        Attached Files
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

TRULY preciate the effort Bill, don't think anything came through though...

THANKS!

Damn, PayPal seems to have forgotten who I am.
                          Can you send me an e-mail with your address. I will snail mail you a check.
                          Bill Garnett
                          InterstellarDust
                          Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Howdy Garnett. Long time since no c u. Ah...last Sept. See u soon. 60 or so days. Seghetti (this is not a hijack)
                            Brant, or is it Steve?

Hey, I've been out of the country 7 of the last 14 weeks, but I'm back for a while. Trying to fly more and started polishing again. I'll try to pop over to the Nut Tree (is it still called that?) and see you soon. My son Nick just started flying lessons this week at LVK, so I'll bring him with.

Too busy to play, dammit.

Bill
                            Bill Garnett
                            InterstellarDust
                            Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Morning Bill. The old cute one here. Be hammering away on the junkstang for the next 2 weeks or so. 15th-28. Cummon over. Like to see your dads 170 again. Still the Nut Tree Airport. Taxi on down and park by the Hewy. ss

Comment

I'll just have to trust ya man.... Ewe'll be my protecter...

(fox guarding the hen house??)

And yesssss I am a very lucky man!
                                Super Sagar.....Easterbunnyfayce is ok to hang around the Sparks pit anytime.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X