Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microsoft Live Earth....Reno..

Originally posted by Stevo
    From a weapons guys perspective the F-16 was a step backward from the -15E... you mean I have to actually TURN a wrench to tighten the bombs down? Though I will say it was much easier to load the AIM-9's... we didn't have to reach as high
    I think we've hijacked this thread...
    yep

Comment

First Google Earth is a success, and now Micro'Xerox' copies their technology with Virtual Earth. Does MS have to jump in and duplicate EVERY new technology introduced on the net to preserve their monopoly?

Oh Well. I digress... No more MS-flaming.....Back to Virtual Earth...

Damn. Newer photo data than Google's 5-7 year old satellite shots. Does this mean I'm going to be spending countless hours slowly crawling Edwards and Rogers Dry Lake for interesting aircraft all over again? (on 56K connection)...

Damn right!

YAHOO!!!

Comment

Heh-heh. I hope this is good Ju-ju. As the image program was installing, this was one of the scenes that was displayed...

Interesting place? DOUBLE-Damn right!

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
          First Google Earth is a success, and now Micro'Xerox' copies their technology with Virtual Earth. Does MS have to jump in and duplicate EVERY new technology introduced on the net to preserve their monopoly?
          Actually, Microsoft was first, by a few years, with Terra Server. Virtual Earth grew from that technology and offers features and imagery that are not (yet) found in Google Earth (and vice-versa).

Comment

I've been right in the middle of that Compass Rose! (still can't fly heading 273'..........wait, I can't fly......sigh.)
            Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Thought since F-16 CC and I were yapping about fighter I'd throw up a Pic from way back in the day.
              Me, Incirlik AB Turkey, 1993, Operation Provide Comfort II, arming an AIM-9 just prior to take-off.
              Attached Files
              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
              My Photos
              My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                Actually, Microsoft was first, by a few years, with Terra Server. Virtual Earth grew from that technology and offers features and imagery that are not (yet) found in Google Earth (and vice-versa).

True, but terra server is just a static satellite photo service, of which there are many such sites on the 'net, and the satellite photo business was around well before MS jumped in with their web version.

I was referring to the "Virtual" technology that allows you to start with an entire picture of the planet or a nation and lets you to zoom in on any portion of it, as if you were personally sitting in a satellite with a huge zoom lens. That's what Google Earth introduced and what made it so popular to the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe

Oh Well. I digress... No more MS-flaming.....Back to Virtual Earth...

Damn. Newer photo data than Google's 5-7 year old satellite shots. Does this mean I'm going to be spending countless hours slowly crawling Edwards and Rogers Dry Lake for interesting aircraft all over again? (on 56K connection)...

Damn right!

YAHOO!!!

LOL, now thats funny

Comment

Working...
                  X