Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microsoft Live Earth....Reno..

Originally posted by Apteryx
    Found this last week and have been playing the same game. Definately mid-morning, shadows are near vertical. Hard to tell if the Formula-Bipe doors are up at normal height, (they're rarely closed during the days). No cars or trucks in front of hanger, which means Wednesday at least, and with some of the pit food tents up, so it's probably Thursday.....
    Definately not Thursday, not enough people around and the Optomist's RV lot is not full enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
      OK air race geeks....due west of the go kart track adjacent to the west side of the north-south dirt road....dark colored plane with stars & bars showing on the left wing. Howard's Bearcat?
      I think it's Speedball Alice. I can make out an orange nose (red and yellow stripes at that resolution would look orange), a white ID stripes at the wing root and right horizontal stab. He's banking to the left so the markings on the left side are blocked out by the fuselage. Besides the planform says Mustang to me.

Anyone else "reading the tea leaves?"

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
        Alice? Has to be her. Hanging a right after takeoff. Not too geeky was it?
        Right? (Maybe its your other right.)

Comment

Originally posted by F-16 CREW CHIEF
          Damn I really suck now I"ll stick to stick and ball sports and my F-16. Good bye forever
          OH WAAAH!!! Like no one else would ever want to Crew Chief an F-16.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
            Don't cry....not everyone can achieve Geek status overnight. I mean, sheesh....ARA has worked hard to get to his "Junior Birdman"-level of Geekiness....and I know he wears it proud!
            I'm sorry, I'm better then that. I'll read what all the jedi geeks such as you write about because I don't know enough to even ask a good question. After 22 years as a fan I shot down to red bull air race knowledge. Damn.

Comment

OH WAAAH!!! Like no one else would ever want to Crew Chief an F-16.
              It's better then the split tail flying goal post bucket of chicken wire with twice the problems and is always code 2. The super awesome really cool F- damn this thing is big- 15. I should've choose the U-2. The recruiter said Being a crew chief is easy what's dumb is I believed him

Comment

Ha.. I found my car... there are three Thunder Mustangs outside Parkers hanger and there's another plane just above pylon 6, a Sea Fury? looks like the shadow, I think the plane is just to the right???
                http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

A few things I've been seriously wrong about:

I want to get into aviation and make some "real" money.

Chicks dig guys who work at the airport.

I want to work on airplanes because cars are dirty and you have to crawl under them.

Working on a T6 can't be all that bad, it is big enough so at least you have room to work. (Truth - It is too big on the outside, too small on the inside, and when you are working on it you are either on your knees or a ladder.)

Comment

A few things I've been seriously wrong about:

I want to get into aviation and make some "real" money.

Chicks dig guys who work at the airport.

I want to work on airplanes because cars are dirty and you have to crawl under them.

Working on a T6 can't be all that bad, it is big enough so at least you have room to work. (Truth - It is too big on the outside, too small on the inside, and when you are working on it you are either on your knees or a ladder.)

True^ I always tell chicks it's my plane, I let the pilot take it out.

Comment

Right? (Maybe its your other right.)
                      Yeah, that's it. I meant my other right I'm thinkin I didn't look close enough. I ASSumed he took off on 32 and ASSumed he was turning right.
                      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Kinda looks like it might have been one of the years I had the "Cruise America Special" parked out back of American Air Racing..
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Looks like its the first period for Unlimited qual on Tuesday 05. A bunch cant be seen on the ramp. Art, Tigercat, Spark, Leeward, Allison Yak. My empty pit next to Steve Pattersons Gray Fury, the one the Mig is aiming at. Lady Jo in back and Camps Kitty on end in back of T-33. Think that was your 1st year back Sagar.

Comment

The super awesome really cool F- damn this thing is big- 15.
                            HAHA! After two and a half years of working on the F-15E I went over to an F-16 unit... one of my first thoughts... Damn this thing is tiny!
                            Now, after 11 years on the C-5, they ALL look small
                            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                            My Photos
                            My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                              HAHA! After two and a half years of working on the F-15E I went over to an F-16 unit... one of my first thoughts... Damn this thing is tiny!
                              Now, after 11 years on the C-5, they ALL look small
                              I bet a F-16 looks like a bug and a f-15 looks like a small bird from two stories above the ramp At least the 16 doesn't have all those pain in the a$$ turnbuckles, cables and pullies what the hell are they for anyway.

Comment

At least the 16 doesn't have all those pain in the a$$ turnbuckles, cables and pullies what the hell are they for anyway.
                                From a weapons guys perspective the F-16 was a step backward from the -15E... you mean I have to actually TURN a wrench to tighten the bombs down? Though I will say it was much easier to load the AIM-9's... we didn't have to reach as high
                                I think we've hijacked this thread...
                                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                                My Photos
                                My Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X