Wall of Fire.... Toasty!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wall of Fire.... Toasty!!!

Man... I was just trying to share some pix, I'm starting to think I shouldn't do it here any more...
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
      Man... I was just trying to share some pix, I'm starting to think I shouldn't do it here any more...
      No, you did great! You shared thought provoking images that stirred debate. One of the debaters contacted the source who then explained the maneuver in expert detail; such as "I did not bank until the shockwave was past". That type of an explanation shows not only the professionalism of the pilot, but the thought that was put into the maneuver. He also explained why he was lower than normal and how he referenced the maneuver on that nice clam clear day.

Personally, I think this exemplifies the professional pilot performing a safe maneuver and minimizing the risks involved (remember, by getting out of bed you are exposing yourself to exponentially more risks than if you stayed in bed, which itself is not risk free.)

In my nearly worthless opinion, he did much better managing his flight that that shot you got of Julie Clark with her wing in the grass. Not to mention a 35 degree wing drop is much more benign than 85 degrees.
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Awesome pictures Victor!
        Awesome reply Mr. Perkins!
        And thanks to Dasher for the interest in contacting him.
        As for the majority of airshow deaths caused by hitting the ground, I am reminded of the results of a multi-million dollar study a few years ago by the FAA searching for the most common cause of aviation accidents. Their conclusion? "The foremost cause of aviation accidents is fully functioning aircraft striking the terrain." Duh....
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
          Their conclusion? "The foremost cause of aviation accidents is fully functioning aircraft striking the terrain." Duh....
          I think they were referring to Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT), which is a separate problem from the more generic impact with the ground that seems to typify pretty much all airplane crashes (never seen a crash without it). CFIT is a very real (and often baffling) problem, and it's worth the research money to reduce such instances, IMHO.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer
            what she said.

Victor et.al... keep the photos coming.

Everyone else... an opinion is like, well you now the rest.
            everybody has one, and they all stink!

Comment

Originally posted by fenceliner01
              everybody has one, and they all stink!
              Bad pictures, right?

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                Bad pictures, right?
                not quite, although for those with strong dispostions, bad pictues could be used in lieu of toilet paper to clean said area...

Comment

Just so I don't come off as a spoiled brat looking for praise...
                  I'm not too excited about the fact that my photos are being used for discussions upon air show deaths and unsafe flying...
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

What I'm wondering, how come no one go's on a rant when we see pictures of Lefty really low, but does when a professional aerobatic pilot is flying low.

Comment

dropped Miller Lite
                      What a horrible sight! The irony, the horror, the suds spilled on the floor!
                      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                        To quote John Macenroe "You cannot be serious!"
                        keep em coming Victor!

Comment

Please keep posting Victor,

I thought your photo's were fantastic as always. As a lurker, when I first saw those pictures, I thought they were a great publicity picture for Mr. Perkins. Last year there was a similar posting on another board of an F-86 banking down low at a show back east. I also thought those were nice pictures, but there was feedback too.

Keep posting, your good at what you do

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                            This just in...

Professional Bowlers Association is looking for Photogs...

Worst thing that'll be caught on tape would be a pulled hammy or a dropped Miller Lite.
                            Owww! I don' think ther's a sensor, display screen, or color space that's been developed that can handle the gamut of colors contained in a PBA "uniform".

I guess if anyone could handle that challenge it would be the Alien...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                              What a horrible sight! The irony, the horror, the suds spilled on the floor!
                              I've sat back and let this thread go where it went... now you've crossed a line and I can no longer just sit on my fingers and say nothing..

I absolutely will NOT allow any alcohol abuse to go on in this thread...

Keep em high folks!

It is OK to let your beer put you on the floor, it is not OK for you to put your beer on the floor....

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Victor, please don't stop sharing with us. On a different tack, as I am NOT the photographer my father is, and I know nuthing about it, I'm curious in the series, it appears to me that these are separate shots, in sequence, and you are zooming in at the same time. I'm impressed with that. I have tried zooming in with binoculars at airshows and, like my Dad says sometimes, "Nope, missed it."

Hats off to you for your work. Thank you again for sharing.

There. Typed all that and didn't spill a drop.
                                Whoadude

Comment

Working...
                                X