Aircraft seen via Google Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aircraft seen via Google Earth

C119 Caribou. B47 B57 lots of interesting airplanes. There's about a 1/2 dozen airplanes parked behind the KC135, that I can't make out what they are..........one almost looks like a Mig 21. Also looks like there's about about 8 or so single engine and 3 multi engine GA airplanes.
    Brian

Comment

Anyone looked around Roswell

Comment

If anyone wants a ground shot of something they've seen on Edwards, if I don't have to lick the concrete with cold steel on my neck, I'd be happy to take at shot. The non-ramp NASA area is fairly easy to get at.

Nobody's found the Piper Enforcer yet.......
        Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by No1FBfan
          Huh i just downloaded Google earth and started looking around but i don't see any f117s at Holloman. Wonder if i have different pics.
          Here's where to look...

Originally posted by SpinB
          Nobody's found the Piper Enforcer yet.......
          If it's on display in a heel-shaped park, then I found it...At least this one LOOKS Mustang-shaped...

Comment

Sorry, that's the XP-59 they converted to a Drone called 'the Reluctant Robot'........
            Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

The Enforcer is at:

34*56' 28.08 N by 117*53' 52.75 W ....ish! it's a little tough to make out, but, it's out alone in the museum 'conservation / rehabilitation' yard.
              hint: her nose is facing due south.

Comment

If anyone wants a ground shot of something they've seen on Edwards, if I don't have to lick the concrete with cold steel on my neck, I'd be happy to take at shot. The non-ramp NASA area is fairly easy to get at.

SpinB

This might sound a bit strange. But, I would love a full frame pick of one of the Wolfe Ave signs. It would make a killer Avtar.

Wolfe Ave, is named for my Grandfather. Who died there in 1949, just behind the O Club.

Wolfee

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB
                  The Enforcer is at:

34*56' 28.08 N by 117*53' 52.75 W ....ish! it's a little tough to make out, but, it's out alone in the museum 'conservation / rehabilitation' yard.
                  hint: her nose is facing due south.

Heh-heh. Thanks. No way I could have found that without coordinates....just not enough detail in the image.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                    Is that the P-51 that "flew above the restaurant next to highway 80? If so, I recall it well (and yes, it's been grounded the last 2 Septembers).

I haven't spotted the blackbird at Edwards yet, but I did see the one in the outdoor museum at Castle AFB, along with a B-36 and many more rare birds.

(EDIT: just found it at Edwards, along with the F-4, F-104 and 2 others I haven't identified yet that are positioned nearby).

Gonna go look for the B-58 now. Hollar if you find an unlimited somewhere...

Yes thats the P51 I was talking about, there is also a couple U2s flying at Beale afb and an SR-71 on static display there also

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
                      SpinB

This might sound a bit strange. But, I would love a full frame pick of one of the Wolfe Ave signs. It would make a killer Avtar.

Wolfe Ave, is named for my Grandfather. Who died there in 1949, just behind the O Club.

Wolfee
                      Wilco...I'll do my best, as, it's pretty close to the flightline!!! .....hmmm,
                      what did I do with my black-pajamas and facepaint.......

Comment

Per wolfee's request......since I have ZERO alien DNA, I had photons smacking me around, so, I apologize for the quality....
                        I threw in the low-angle Enforcer shot, as, it's the closest thing I have to a heavy unlimited.....whatta wimpy lookin' prop!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Man that blade looks like it should be mixing me a margarita .

Comment

The Roseville mustang over the Aces resturaunt is a replica, and currently sitting along the highway fence covered with a tarp (as of last weekend).
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                              Check out places like Pinal Air Park at Mirana, AZ. Or the fire base at Greybull, WY. Mojave is fun too. Any of the outdoor air museums....though I was a bit disappointed at Chino. Not much 'iron' out in the light that is in focus.
                              Check out the museum at Hermeskiel, Germany
                              49D41'09.05"N 06D57'49.19"E

Lots of NATO and ex WARPAC aircraft in open air display.. not the highestresolution, but still identifiable types. The Concorde is a mockup w/coffe bar inside. Got some ground pics if anyones interested in correlating satelite to handheld. You can just about figure out where I was standing when I took the pics.

Comment

i go by all the time. i heard it was damaged in the wind. has been repaired, but they aren't sure if they want to put it back up... it is a 3/4 scale replica.

Originally posted by Leo
                                The Roseville mustang over the Aces resturaunt is a replica, and currently sitting along the highway fence covered with a tarp (as of last weekend).

Comment

Working...
                                X