Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aircraft seen via Google Earth

Originally posted by SpinB
    ...Or, look east of the lakebed straight across from main base,there's a B-47! ..........
    Really? I have to go back and look some more.

Haven't found the B-58 yet (I want to find it, so don't tell me!), but I did finally identify another of the 4 planes parked near the SR-71 as a forward swepted X-29. I thought all of the X-29s were displayed indoors.

Still haven't identified the 4th aircraft yet (Vigilante maybe, or a Sky Warrior? It has swept wings and is larger than the other 3 displays. Picture attached...

(P.S.....I checked the Google Earth site before posting any pictures and found no restrictions mentioned there against sharing images. The only limitations I found were against commercial use of the software itself.)

Comment

Hmmm. For some reason the AAFO mage uploader isnt working for me anymore, so I upped the Edwards and Castle photos to my own site. here y'all go....

Edwards aircraft displays:

Castle Air Museum at Castle AFB:

Comment

hey there the valcun my brother photography the arrival of that back in 1981 when the RAF turned it over to the airforce Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
          TIP: Despite their recommendation of a 128 kb/sec connection, it works just fine on my dial-up modem. You just have to wait a little longer.
          Lie next to the pod AD... get the cable/dsl! You'll never be the same....

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara
            Well my bad.. partially.. keeping what Mike pointed us to in mind..

Originally posted by from google earth
            . You can personally use an image from the application (for example on your website, on a blog or in a word document) as long as you preserve the copyrights and attributions including the Google logo attribution.
            Looks like they're fine with use, as long as the above is kept in mind.. I deleted AD's images before reading this but if I remember correctly, the copyright and logo weremissing due to being cropped... If you crop them inside the logo/copyright, you probably can also crop the logo/copyright info and paste it into the crop.. Then we're all legal and smiley faced..

You guys man think I'm anal about copyright stuff but trust me, if we get crosswise with copyright issues, it's not a good thing at all

Enjoy!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thats sounds more than reasonable, Wayne. Lemme fix 'em.....Sorry for any inconveniences.

Well, I've since spotted on Google Earth:

--> Another B-52 at Edwards, sitting next to a pair of B-1Bs...

--> Also at Edwards, an RQ-4B Global Hawk UAV and a trio of V-22 Osprey tilt-rotors ...

--> An F-117 sitting outside on a well-known base...

--> A U-2/TR-1 just lifting off the runway on some other famous base,...

--> ...another TR-1 parked outside...

--> ...and yet another SR-71 on outdoor display, parked next to what appears to be a D-21 drone...

....see if you can find 'em...

---------------------------------------------------------------

OK. Google logo and Digtalglobe copyright messages added to all images as required. All should be legal now.

Good thing I still had copies of the deleted ones. I'll try attaching them again. If there's any way to shift these four images back to the original post they were deleted from, please move them.... If not possible, thanks anyway.

Image imventory, all seen at Edwards:

1. F-15 Agile Eagle sharing space with NASA's SpaceShuttle carrier 747, a T-38 and a pair of F-18s.
              2. Second NASA 747 Shuttle carrier near the Shuttle-747 "Mate-Demate Device" (MDD) .
              3. X-plane on outdoor display (second generation X-1 perhaps?)
              4. A pair of B-52 "air launch" carrier aircraft.

Attached Files
              Last edited by AirDOGGe; 02-10-2007, 04:03 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Missileer]
                Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                Hmmm. For some reason the AAFO mage uploader isnt working for me anymore, so I upped the Edwards and Castle photos to my own site. here y'all go....

Edwards aircraft displays:

Not an F-4. Looks more like the SuperCrusader.
                They're both Crusaders! But, they have MUTATED! The one on the left is the Fly-by-Wire test bed and the other one is the SuperCritical Wing test bed. The X-1 AD saw is the 'E' model up on a stick. There are 3 B-52
                hulks on the south end of the lakebed (two E's and a C).They took the vertical stabs off as a flight hazard.......
                Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Super Critical Wing, that is what the MD-80 has! That is why it flies the way it does.
                  Chris...

Comment

Ah, thanks for providing information on those. I couldn't find any info on display aircraft at Edwards.

You'll find the 2 TR-1's (one flying and one parked) and the SR-21 / D-21 display at Beale. The F-117 is at Holloman...

It looks like the one plane everyone is seeking and can't find is the B-2. I have a sat-shot of 3 of them sitting at Nellis from another source, but Google's photos were shot on a different day(s) when none were outside, I guess.

I did find a 'B-2' at the bottom of a swimming pool though, and a KC-97 that was converted into a restaurant ...

Comment

Last time I looked at google earth, I found 3 Sr71s at Edwards. Two were parked out side a hanger, and one was all by its self off in a corner on the very south end of the base. One was the hump-backed trainer version, and the other was a normal SR71. I can't find any of them now. It looked like an active ramp they were parked on as well. They arn't there anymore.
                      There used to be a search engine that would allow you to type in SR71 and they would all pop up. I can't find the option however.

Will

Comment

F-4 or F-8???

Looks more like an A-7 and possibly an A-6 Intruder next to it.

Super crusaders??? missed that post.....would like to see better pictures of those...

Warren

Comment

Huh i just downloaded Google earth and started looking around but i don't see any f117s at Holloman. Wonder if i have different pics.
                          a&p

Comment

If you look hard enough there's a B2 on the ramp @ Palmdale. Also an SR71 at one of the gates.
                            Have fun
                            Tom

Comment

My Bad
                              I just went back to check the locations on my previous post and they have updated the sat picture.
                              Tom

Comment

On one of the ramps, looks like a C-17, or possibly a C-5......next to it, looks like some sort of staggered wing aircraft..........seems like Rutan built something like that a few years back.......is that what it is?? Looks like an A-26 Invader and a DC3/C47 on the ramp too.

Comment

Working...
                                X