Graphic Design Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graphic Design Help Needed

comedy+shakespeare= near miss (this time)
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

Comment

Time to Vote

We need your opinion on the best looking design for the Formula One 60th Anniversary Logo. I need a small 1.5"X1.5" one for the cover of the Formula Forum, but what would also look good on a tee shirt? We have designs from Victor A., Steve (SSGFX), and Scott (On Site Graphix).

Post your selection or PM me by 17th December

BillRo

Comment

My last one would fit perfectly into a 1.5 x 1.5 AND look great on a shirt.

*kiss up**kiss up**kiss up**kiss up**kiss up**kiss up*

HAHAHA!

SSGFX, The Wonder Artist

9one8.net

Throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Comment

Ya know seeing that there are only three of us (right?) may be they could take the most popular one from each of us and give us a four month block????? I know we all put effort into our work and there are different things I like about every ones designs Just a thought
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
            Ya know seeing that there are only three of us (right?) may be they could take the most popular one from each of us and give us a four month block????? I know we all put effort into our work and there are different things I like about every ones designs Just a thought

I like certain things about several of them also. Works for me if it's not too difficult for IF1 but whatever's best for them!
            Scott Adie
            www.osgfx.com

Comment

Only 3 more days for comments - lets hear what you think. I have no problems with using one of each, since we have 6 issues a year. I am authorized to give out one Associate Membership, but if you agree to take a digital Formula Forum, I expect I could work on the Treasurer.

For CarbonProp's benefit here is a pic of a right hand course - San Diego Brown Field and my son took it, I think.

BillRo
              Attached Files

Comment

OK Times Up. And the winner is - everyone! All the inputs from Victor, Steve and Scott were of very high standard; it is unfortunate that we did not get more feedback from the fans, but I considered the preferences and comments that we did receive both here and on the IF1 members board. As you know my use on the cover of the Forum necessitates a square format about 1.5" X 1.5" but I think we can use the landscape designs somewhere. I would like to use at least one square design from each of the artists, and since we have 6 issues, we would use it for two months.

I especially liked Vic's use of the Cassutt which has been the mainstay of Formula One/Goodyear racing almost since its inception and we selected 3B and 4B. Personally I think the bolder 4B would hold up better in a small application, but 3B got a vote.

Scott produced varied designs with interesting color graduations and a head-on generic Formula, and 6223 would work well. I also preferred the bolder colors on 6307 which is in a more landscape format and was another favorite.

Steve's bold designs are just up my street and 6219, the one without the pylon, is preferred for the cover. We will have to remove the small lettering around the circle though because it will be unreadable at small scale. There is nothing wrong with a pylon, since the logo IF1 used for 20 years had one - it had just better not have an "Eiffel Tower" base like the copyrighted RARA version. The IF1 BoD discussed tee shirts and expressed an opinion that people like the year on their shirts, but the red version of Steve's 6216 design looks great.

I really appreciate the work you did and would like permission to use at least one of the noted designs from each artist throughout 2007 on the cover of the Forum. You will receive credit, a personal digital copy of the online Forum, usually only accessible to Members and, if you want to pitch design services, I will put an Ad in for you in the issues featuring your design. Please send me an email granting me and IF1 the use of your copyright for this purpose and send me the file as a .jpg or .tif.

Bill Rogers

Comment

Working...
                X