1st annual G.O.P. (Gathering of Photographers) Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st annual G.O.P. (Gathering of Photographers) Convention

I'll be there with bells, whistles and one or two unreliable guests. If they don't show I'll pay for their grog anyway.

RG
    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Count me in, but I'll probably be late.... We'll be shooting until almost dark on Thursady.
      Jerry Beck II
      Director of Photography
      1st. Asst. Director
      Thunder Over Reno

Comment

I will most likely show. I just take pics though, I don't know nothin!!

Comment

If you can stnad more, I'll be there.... MG
          MG

Comment

and we you guys DO all get together, SOMEBODY remember to take a photograph

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
              and we you guys DO all get together, SOMEBODY remember to take a photograph
              I'll bring BeerNazi... She'll take SO many pictures of us, you'll be blind from the flash!

BN LIKES to take PEEKTURES!!!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Planning to attend but perhaps late. I hate missing out on that golden hour of light on the ramp just before sunset.
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust
                Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Originally posted by Bill@Interstell
                  Planning to attend but perhaps late. I hate missing out on that golden hour of light on the ramp just before sunset.
                  Ahh but then, just after sunset is pretty grand as well.. then there's the after dark sessons where the crew wants to see the color out of the stacks.

Hummn.. maybe we need to have this gathering out on the ramp??

NAAAA!!!!!

Stead hospitality at it's best is NOT to be missed for ANY sunset!!!

Expect a few crew at this meeting as well as the shooters... perhaps, a few crew who are shooters...

Should be a grand meeting indeeed!

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hmmmmmm.... I should be there

Did I read somewhere back in the thread something about a digital projector? I'll bring some stuff to look at...
                    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

'm hoping you can make it Victor, since it seems like 3/4 of the people in this thread want to hear from you about your techniques. I'm 95% sure I can get a digital projector. I'll know by the end of next week.

Mike

Comment

Nice idea !

I´m pretty sure that Gerhard from Bavaria and I
                        will make it to the gathering.

Looking forward to meet you all.

Just make sure, that some of our japanese friends
                        will be there too. It´s the only way to have somebody
                        there with an even stonger accent than ours
                        Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Comment

Hi Wayne & co.,

No guarantees since no one knows exactly what will happen during race week, but I'll try to make it and drag a couple of shooters from the crew with me as well.

Jeff

P.S. Miss Gianna is finally back together and I went out yesterday and shook some of the rust off. Still more work to do, but she's flying and so far so good.
                          Jeff Lo
                          Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
                          Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Jeff, Jan,

It'll be good to see you guys again! This GOP thing is turning into quite an event... I sincerely hope our host knows what he's getting himself into!!

20-30 or so high spirited Air Race Fanatics with 40-60 cameras, coupled with a reasonable amount of adult beverage.... Throw in a few air racers...

Hummn....

Can you say "portable Warlock Party in suburban Stead?"

Sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Fenceliner... you get the amount of contro we need to come up with each to make this a non bank breaking event for ya?

We should start the fund rolling... nobody should have to pull $$ outta pocket in advance and expect this bunch of rowdies to pony up to get your "investment" back..

I can set up an account for "donations" contributions if you'd like.. I can then send you a check for whatever we gather between then and now...

We're gonna need some way to keep track of who pitched in their share..

I'd LOVE to say we could afford to be the $$ host for this event... I'll try my best to kick in a few $$ extra to cover those who can't...

Hey guys, go buy a few more calendars... every little bit helps after all!!

OH gee.. I'm "begging" for money again... I can see the headlines on the *other* site now...

<looks for smilie with middle finger sticking out-frowns that he censored that one when Cobra sent it to him originally>... whups... there's other ways... sorry.. couldn't he'p myse'f

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne - No ideas yet on the contro. I'm going to do a head count of attendees from all the replies I've received, figure out a reasonable amount of food per person, and send out the directions to the house by Friday. I probably wont' buy anything until wednesday so I don'r have to keep it cold for a long time. No problems fronting the bill - I know eveyone will make good. If I come up with a $$ figure, I'll let you know and you can set p the fund if you want. Otherwise, I'm thinking coffee can at the door with a suggested amount. Any leftovers will be used over the weekend.

Sorry this is taking so long, but, as usual, work always seems to pick up whenever you need some free time.

Did you get that e-mail I sent you Friday? Had an image of the racecourse and some hand-helds for your project?

Mike

Comment

Two things.. one.. one of the racers who post here contro'd a $20. spot.. second.. I talked with one of the RB guys today... A few of them are planning on coming IF they are free from workin on the beast on the evening of the GOP..

Since I LOVE these guys like family, I told him, if we have to bring the freakin party TO THEM!!!! They will be at GOP 2006!!!

I told them of the $20. donation and the thought that sounded about in line with what they figgered

As a WAG.. Im guessing a $20. per head will be a pretty good ballpark estimate for the price of being there.. sound good??

I'm gonna try to rake the "kitty" to see if we can come up with $100. as an AAFO.COM pig in the poke donation.. just to cover whatever might come up...

Also.. suggestion was made to forget botted or canned brew and go for a Keg since the price is SO much better, ounce per $$ spent..

Anyway.. ewe guys/gals planning on attending. This thing is shaping up to be a MUST attend event if you've ever put your finger on a shutter release button..

Please feel free to chime in on the amount you'd be comfy with.. We (aafo) will try to provide a bit of cush, just in case there are some who'd like to come but can't pony up the full "admission" price.

INPUT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X