Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever since I became a member here, every year, someone comes along to crap in someone else’s thread. Unfortunately, that’s part of running an online forum.

And some people are extremely loyal to their past and can’t see 1/2” in front of their face and couldn’t fathom the possibility of thinking outside their own head.

It is what it is…
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

• Can Brent race in from tomorrow’s Silver final, or is he done?

Comment

• Does anyone have the story on Miss America following Heat3B?
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

• I believe he cut a pylon and flew too high…
          "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
            I believe he cut a pylon and flew too high…
            AND busted the show line...

Comment

• There ya go…
              "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

• What does this mean for Sunday????
                "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

• People in the stands were saying he could still win silver tomorrow and get bumped to gold. But . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
                    What does this mean for Sunday????
                    He could race in the Silver but there is no way to make the Gold.

Comment

• Was told they expect to start in the back of silver.

Not sure why he couldn’t bump to gold after that. If you win silver, which should be for the aircraft, you have always had the opportunity to bump up.
                      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWYER View Post
                        Was told they expect to start in the back of silver.

Not sure why he couldn’t bump to gold after that. If you win silver, which should be for the aircraft, you have always had the opportunity to bump up.
                        Nope. Current rules say you can only bump after heats. No bumping in the finals.

Comment

• Watching some video and noticed Miss A's coolant door was wide open for the entire race. Is that indicating an issue with engine temps, or did the door not want to close up for some reason?

Comment

• Very disappointing. In spite of my earlier post that hurt somebody's feelings I have made it very clear that I have the utmost respect for Miss A and the team. Also, in those posts I have repeatedly said that I hoped for a real "showdown" on Sunday with 2 fast Mustangs and Dreadnought. It would have been a great finish to Unlimited air racing (and this is the end...I'll start a new thread on Monday...because somebody doesn't think I should intertwine related subjects!). Unfortunately. my personal selfish dream won't happen. Unless something unexpected happens the unnamed plane (I won't mention it because somebody gets "butt hurt") will win the last Reno as it should have the first time in 1964...which as a little kid i was lucky to be there for because my dad took me there. My only advice to everyone is to stay until the Unlimited Gold final tomorrow. As we go to airshows we'll see and hear the sounds of Merlins in Mustangs at 60% power. But we will never hear the sound from a Merlin like the one from the unnamed Mustang. like that ever again. Take it all in...It's a sound that will reverberate through your brain for the rest of your life.

Comment

• And Kathleen, it's obviously not because I have a "love fest" for the Bardahl Special. It's because 11 pages were devoted to Miss A and two to other planes. Civil enough?
                              Last edited by Bigfoot; 09-16-2023, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                                And Kathleen, it's obviously not because I have a "love fest" for the Bardahl Special. It's because 11 pages were devoted to Miss A and two to other planes. Civil enough?
                                PM sent PLEASE READ ASAP!
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X