Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my favorite

Originally posted by ecvsteve
    looks a lot like this but has a big 4 on the tail.
    Steve, your wife just called... she said "GET THAT CAR OFF THE LAWN!!!!!!!!!!"

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The Red Baron Mustang in its final form tops my list. Miss Ashley II was also stunning though I think the swept surfaces were not as attractive as the stock units.

Comment

Re: Re: my favorite

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        Steve, your wife just called... she said "GET THAT CAR OFF THE LAWN!!!!!!!!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
        you live next door don't you!
        ECVSteve
        E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
        Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

My favorites change with my moods.

Stiletto for sure. And Red Baron.

But gotta give a nod to Dreadnought and the Super Corsair for sheer balls-out "going fast the old-fashioned way." Can't get cooler than 56 spark plugs at 450 mph, and still looking almost stock :-)

Definitely White Lightnin' has to be on any list. Pardue's Fury-still one of the the slickest-looking Sea Furies out there. Critical Mass and Rare Bear for blatantly extreme modification- kinda the other extreme from Dreadnought.

In other moods, I'd probably put Dago and Strega on the list, but heck, Dago's just making it all look too easy lately :-)

Steve L.

Comment

Vendetta......I'd love to have seen it in person. MAII took the concept allot further, but I'm afraid Vendetta is lost in the shadows of a legend it helped create.

Blind Man's Bluff.......if my stories are correct, it helped spark the 3350 conversion for Sea Furies. (yes, I know it has been mentioned in it's current, and more potent, form as Critical Mass.)

Comment

I think by the end of this we will have mentioned pretty much the entire history of the gold unlimited class!!! lets just go ahead and say that air racing and modified piston engine airplanes are the coolest!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
                  I think by the end of this we will have mentioned pretty much the entire history of the gold unlimited class!!!
                  Nah, I have my limits. Mr. Awsome/Frostbite is just hideous.

OK, that's the only one I can come up with that I actually DISlike... you got me

Steve L.

Comment

Is there some place I can see a picture of this Mr. Aweome/frostbite? I dont think that I have......I've never really liked dreadnaught, that year that it won with two people in it really pissed me off....

Comment

Hmmm.... seems like I've done this before. Here is the Mr. Awesome gallery at WAP.

http://www.warbirdaeropress.com/Phot...rAGallery.html

I like them all but, Tsunami, Stiletto, Vendetta and MAII have to be at the top of my list. Rare Bear, Critical Mass and Czech Mate aren't too far off. As far as ugly, I don't think any are ugly except Pony Express and maybe Wildfire. I'll wait on that one till I see it in person.

Bill
                      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

All good

RB-51 Red Baron in her final form is my favorite for "cool," fast, beautiful and a big name sponsor.
                        All the earlier responses are good, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned Voodoo.

Comment

Voodoo, Dago, Strega, all the "Jeannie" clones are are of course, the ultimate Mustang, and I've been a fan of all of them.
                          But Miss Candace/Jeannie was the first and with the polished surfaces, the most beautiful of them to me.
                          I thought Stilletto was a wicked looking combination and would have been awesome polished out.
                          The truth is, all the racers win the best looking at some combination of paint, mod, lack of mod, angle of view or lighting for me.
                          Possible exceptions being Mr. Awesome amd Wildfire...
                          Still partial to the Griffon racers tho.

Leo
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

X

My other favorites are Rare Bear (love that rumble), Stilleto and Specter - I laughed out loud when I saw what Leeward had done, Race "X" indeed!

Comment

Many contendors and each a beauty in its own way, but I think my all time favorite was race number 5 as the Rotofinish Special. She was so sleek before she got into steroids and became the Red Barron.
                              Bill Garnett
                              InterstellarDust
                              Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Race 5

She was awful neat in the white and tangerine of Miss RJ back with Chuck Hall too.
                                I remember drooling over the debut of "miss Foxy Lady" also.
                                I give up, they're all good.

Leo
                                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                                X