Quitting Smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quitting Smoking

And being bald ain't so bad. I have a little less each day. You will just be more hairodynamic. Your is temporarily, not permanent like myself.... wear a hat and see you at Reno!

Bill
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

"hairodynamic"
      Oh man I almost fell off my chair.
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

It's been a year for me, and to be perfectly honest, when it's been this long I in some ways forgot the bad stuff and was starting to think about how good it was. Now I remember why I quit, and the so called 'good' part of it was just really a trap that we all fell in to. Any how keep faith, work hard and don't back up, and I won't be starting back up either.

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan
          It's been a year for me, and to be perfectly honest, when it's been this long I in some ways forgot the bad stuff and was starting to think about how good it was. Now I remember why I quit, and the so called 'good' part of it was just really a trap that we all fell in to. Any how keep faith, work hard and don't back up, and I won't be starting back up either.
          As with others who quit, I don't think we ever totally forget the part/parts about it that we "liked" or thought we did... but, trust me.. I've "taken the cure" and would NEVER pick it up again!!

I've even been seen attacking butts that have been thrown on the sidewalk, or the occaisional empty pack that I see littering here or there..

I have to hold myself back when I see people smoking, with the compulsion to walk up and say something like... "don't you know what you may be doing to your body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

But...

I don't, it's still and apparantly will always be, an individual decision. No matter how stupid or wrong it is!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I quit Saturday, smoke one this morning then read this. I'm done! Not a single one ever again. It's funny how the smokers say they've quit, but had 2-3 since they quit. The non-smokers never understand how we rationalize "quitting" meaning "Since I quit I would have smoked 350+ cigarettes but I've only smoked 3 so I'm good". Well, I'm done. Keep us updated Wayne and I wish you a speedy recovery. If you make it out, stop by B-13, we'll make you feel better

Chris
            Smoke free for 3 hours.

Comment

Working...
            X