Attached Files
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Official time keeper clocked the Herc @ 361 MPH
        P.B.Ski
        P.S. We would wipe the desert with the A-10. There's no contest!

Comment

Victor, you nailed that crossover shot perfectly - great exposure in between planes too! Like T. Adams, I'm also curious who makes your Canon lens? Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thank you Les. The lens is made by Phoenix. I posted a reply in the Non-Racing racers thread by accident I should have known better cuz there's a big difference between Non-Racers and Non-Racing racers although some of the Non-Racing racers actually raced the just didn't finish the race they were in. There say that three times real fast while drinking a beer. On the Crossover did anyone notice that the speed brakes are fully open on #6. I have seen this shot a few times by other people but not with the brakes on and not that close. Kinda scarry looking to me. No trick photography or digital funny stuff here. I know shooting around 700mm of lens compresses distance but that's a bit too close.
            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Marauder61
              ...On the Crossover did anyone notice that the speed brakes are fully open on #6. I have seen this shot a few times by other people but not with the brakes on and not that close. Kinda scarry looking to me. No trick photography or digital funny stuff here. I know shooting around 700mm of lens compresses distance but that's a bit too close.
              So that's how they make that maneuver work; I bet the guy with the dive brakes open gets to call the break on the cross, too. Great shot; perfect timing on the capture.
              SteveZ

Comment

I find it more interesting that the burner nozzle is open wider than the lead bird and if you look at the shape/density of the smoke he has the throttle pulled back quite a bit !

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered

P.S. We would wipe the desert with the A-10. There's no contest!
                  Without the "drop tanks", bet you guys could hit 400! Imagine the Herc against Big Bossman in the Bronze class. Uncle Sam would be proud! Like the SR-71, I bet your true speed potential is classified! Peas
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
                  X