Airshow Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airshow Oklahoma

Here are a few shots from the airshow down in Muskogee, OK today. The sun was in my face all day so all the airborne shots are just shadows. Here are a few from the ground

Randy Harris in his Skybolt

Randy Ball in his Mig-17. First time i have seen him fly

P-51D "Miracle Maker"

P-51D
    a&p

Re: Airshow Oklahoma

Nice shots...I was there as well. Very impressed with Randy Harris and his "living room-built" Skybolt. Randy Ball is a regular at DFW airshows, so I've seen his MiG fly before, but it never gets old. I did grow weary at the announcer's usage of the word "classic", even though it was a warbird-filled day to be sure. That last P-51 shot is the Millie G...she was having some oil leak issues earlier that morning, hopefully the General got it worked out.

Did you notice the exodus of attending aircraft at the end of the day? Sad that Davis Field is SO run down that there's no space to stash aircraft...guess they all had to run to Tulsa?

All in all, a good place to hold a show....remote, flat...I found the absence of a control tower interesting. Last time I came to Muskogee for a show was back in 1994 with the Thunderbirds. It was fascinating to see the difference in the condition of the field from then to now.

Back in DFW now...nice to have the Blues local two weeks in a row!
    SSGFX, The Wonder Artist

9one8.net

Throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Comment

Re: Airshow Oklahoma

It looked like the P-51 Millie G was venting gas the whole time she was up also. Just about every overhead pass i seen a stream of something coming off the right wing.

I cant stand that announcer way to many errors. At the first of the show he was talking about the wildcat like crazy but you could easily hear on his radio through the speakers that he wasn't flying.

Most of the aircraft are based out of Tulsa, Owasso, and Claremore anyway so i guess is not to bad to ferry in and out everyday.

Davis field is a great place to hold an airshow. I wish they had one there on a more consistent basis.

I shot about 1000 shots while there will try to get more posted if i get some time.
      a&p

Comment

Working...
      X