Clear All

Re: Thunder Over Michigan

Very cool Tim!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Tim

Nice shots, were you in the photo pit Sunday? Also, I like the border you use for your images, what software do you use?

I have been trying to sort all the pictures taken over those two days, I haven't even begin to post-process the keepers. I'll try to post something soon.

Warren

Comment

Wow, Tim! Very nice. Love the B-25 shot. Peas
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Warren_C
          Tim

Nice shots, were you in the photo pit Sunday? Also, I like the border you use for your images, what software do you use?

I have been trying to sort all the pictures taken over those two days, I haven't even begin to post-process the keepers. I'll try to post something soon.

Warren
          The frame is an action I found on the net somewhere. I can email it to you if you want. I use it with PSCS. I just started playing with CS2, and for some reason the drop shadow background in CS2 is white. I tried looking at all the steps in the action to see where the grey drop shadow is created, but I can't find it. Since I like the grey backdrop, I'll be sticking with CS for awhile, plus I have no clue how to use ACR in CS2 yet, so I have been using Canon's DPP to convert the RAW files.

I was only at the show on Saturday, and I was in the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
            You had to pay extra to get in. It was $65 to get in at 7AM. This is two hours before the general public was let in. Then we got $8 in free food coupons, and free water and pop all day. Can't say it I'll ever go back though. The lighting just sucks at the show, and with the runway configuration, there is not much photo ops there either. After going to a number of shows now in the midwest, I have found that nothing beats getting to OSH early, and having the sun behind you during the airshow in the afternoon.
            Having been to this show four times now, it is still a great show, and I'll return again next year. Two years ago, 13 TBM Avengers, last year eight B-17's in the air together, and while not the featured planes, this year, three Hurricanes in the air on sunday. The WWII re-enactors also put on a great show with lots of heavy armor, and straffing runs by two P-47 Jugs and a P-51 Mustang. Can't see this anywhere else than this show.
            I agree the afternoon lighting is brutal, but still just a good show to watch. The photo pit also allows those that are serious about photography to have a good position to shoot from, and taxiway access, as to having to shoot over heads or camp out on the front rope all day. Just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
            X