Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just some airplane pix

Originally posted by Victor Archer
    So, Ah Wayne does that mean your going to pay me to be your photographer and you can write the stories?????????
    LOL Victor... I'll pay you as many OPB's as you can drink!!

Umnn.. on second thought, Gettin the shot, even if it's sort of second rate, is an awful lot of fun!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini
      Congratulations Victor, and thanks a bunch. You just saved me close to three thousand bucks.

No sense buying that 5D I've been lusting after, only to have my photos look like dog droppings compared to yours. Now I can leave my equipment at home, and just hang around the box seats drinking beer.

After the races, I can kick back and check out all the incredible shots you post, instead of sorting through my collection of fuzz looking for one decent shot. This is great!

Jealous? Meeeeeeeee? Not at all.
      5D?? forget it. This is not a sports camera. 3 frames per second is way too slow. This is a landscape photographers camera. Not saying sports can't be done with it, but it is not the ideal setup. Remember the follow up to the 20D has a 99% chance to be announced at Photokina in Feb.

Now as for Victor, congrats, but your wimping out. If Tyson can haul that 400 f/2.8 around, so can you. After all, you are taller than he is, (running for cover now ). If you can swing it, get a MkIIN, a vast majority of the original mkII guys are dumping them for the N, and are much happier with the new MkII.

And me jealous, hell yeah!!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
        Now as for Victor, congrats, but your wimping out. If Tyson can haul that 400 f/2.8 around, so can you. After all, you are taller than he is, (running for cover now ). If you can swing it, get a MkIIN, a vast majority of the original mkII guys are dumping them for the N, and are much happier with the new MkII.

And me jealous, hell yeah!!
        AS for the 500mm I talked to a lot of the big lens guys before I made my decision and although not quite the same the 100-400 lens is still a very good 400mm lens. Plus 500 x 1.4 on an EOS = 700mm with auto focus...

Ah the MkllN, If it was a ten or eleven mega pix camera it would be in my hands right now.... still debating that one, but some time before Reno I will have some sort of 1D/1Ds
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Oooh goodie, camera wars!

No, the 5D is not a sports camera. However, I never shoot continuous. Tried it...lots more motion blurred photos, no more good ones (photographer's fault, not the camera). I grew up at the Monterey Historics with an F2a and a 400mm Nikkor. You pre-focused on a spot and shot one frame when the cars were in the sweet spot.

Although I'm now using an auto everything 10D, I still practice tracking the subject and nailing one or two good shots at (what I hope) is the ideal moment. Also, with the crop factor, you can't quite fit Bossman in the frame at 400mm. This means some last minute zoom changes as the planes speed by. I would rather leave the lens zoomed all the way in and rely on the larger coverage angle with the FF camera.

There's no way I'm buying anything until Canon makes their next move. While the 20D didn't offer enough of an upgrade over the 10D to justify the cost, the 25D/30D/InfiniD or whatever they call it will no doubt be worth a hard look.

Now, having spouted all this blather, I'm always interested in picking up a few tips and tricks. The nut behind the camera has far more room for improvement than any of the cameras themselves.

Robert Goldman

PS. I'm kidding about the camera wars. There's more than enough of that going on at dpreview's forums.

PPS. If Canon would only add a second lens, then we'd have a proper stero camera. No more of those flat photos, bring me some 3D!
          No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
          http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Working...
          X