Oshkosh 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oshkosh 2004

Thanks. I had a few low quality pics from a camera cheap enough to throw in my pocket.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm finally getting my Oshkosh photos sorted out. Here's a few of the aerobatic guys from Friday.
      Attached Files
      Jeff Lo
      Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
      Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

And here are some of the Mustangs (and the Ford Tri-Motor) from Friday. The Mustang formation aerobatics was quite cool.
        Attached Files
        Jeff Lo
        Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
        Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Nice stuff, the shot of the Mustang with Rich's Pyro behind it is really cool.
          I notice on the EXIF data that the shutter speeds were pretty low on the aero acts. I have been having some trouble nailing the focus on these little guys so I raised it to 1/500 on a lot of shots. Since the props spin so much faster, you still get decent prop blur.

For the big iron though I still try not to go above 1/250. I see many of yours were 1/200, so excellent job of nailing the focus!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLo
            And here are some of the Mustangs (and the Ford Tri-Motor) from Friday. The Mustang formation aerobatics was quite cool.
            Jeff, beautiful, sorry for not getting to the emails from you, kind of a bad end of last week for me... (much better now)

I'd love to see THIS ONE

for potential POTW (Picture OF The Whenever)

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Feh Decks, if that is your real name.

Isn't that your younger brother in the back of Bob Love's mustang on your profile picture?
              It might be. That picture was taken quite a while ago and the details are a bit hazy. All I remember is a guy in the back seat with a big grin on his face (as is expected after riding in a Mustang).

Rick

Comment

Hi all,
                I was trying out a borrowed camera at Oshkosh this year. I have been jonesing for a nice Digital Rebel and 300mm lens but it just is not in the budget yet. However, a friend has a Fuji S5000, 10x optical *6* megapixel. All for about $330, I figured this might be the one!

Well the pictures tell the tale. Acceptable yes, on par with the other stuff in this gallery, No. (Although not all of that is due to the camera
                As it turns out some post show research revealed the S5000 is actually a 3-megapixel camera with interpolation. Now granted these shots have been cropped some, but even at 100% size on the screen uncropped you could see some pixelation. Bummer.

Criticism and discussion of these rookie shots encouraged.
                ~Thanks
                ~~Jim
                Attached Files

Comment

What the beejeezzzesss went by that ferrari?
                  I think there nice but, hey I aint got Riningers eyes or devotion.

edited: and that ain't Steve either, aaaahhhhh Mary.
                  ECVSteve
                  E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
                  Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

That Ferarri is a Ford GT-40! Remember Ford's dominance of road racing in the late 60s? Sebring, LeMans, etc. It's not quite smoke & thunder, but when you bring cash...money talks.
                    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Awesome pics guys....Very impressive....Makes me want to bury my camera in the backyard (Canon A-1, manual focus). I gotta go digital someday...

Even though it's an airshow, I got a personal kick out of the Shockwave jet truck pics, as I built a 3D model of it for a videogame once...Here's a shot of the CG model (not great but not bad).
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X