Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lens rental

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I live here in Reno and have asked all over town if they will rent lenses or cameras. They all said no. They say the closest one is in the bay area. P.S. I miss my 94 ck2500, Silverado. Wrecked it last month and it was totaled. Mike G.
    Mikey, was sorry to hear about the truck! But glad you were OK!

I had the board software update your email addy and sent off an automatic email to you for your login and password information...

Guest posts are now set to "moderate" meaning one of us has to "approve" them before they actually are seen...

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Just wanted to add to the GM truck discussion. I have an '89 GMC Sierra with 290K miles on it. I rebuilt the motor at 140K. Third transmission - 5 speed. Been cross-country several times. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Next truck, when this one retires, will be a '97 or '98 Chevy or GMC Z71. I like the old, traditional 350s.

Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3
        Just wanted to add to the GM truck discussion. I have an '89 GMC Sierra with 290K miles on it. I rebuilt the motor at 140K. Third transmission - 5 speed. Been cross-country several times. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Next truck, when this one retires, will be a '97 or '98 Chevy or GMC Z71. I like the old, traditional 350s.

Tommy
        Tommy, that is just almost "too" strange! I had an '89 that I bought from my, then, father-in-law, babied, only 54k on the odo when I bought it in 96 or 97... actually, I bought it when he bought the truck I now have, which is, a '97...

I actually liked the look of the grill and two tone paint scheme on the '90, loved the firmer steering and more throaty muffler sound. The '97 is much more refined, absolutely love the comfort level of the interior and the upgraded sound system is the bomb. But for some reason, the cab transmits more road noise than did the '89, it might be the difference is the split seats versus the old truck's solid bench lets more noise in from behind the seat... that's where it all seems to come from.

The '89 dash is one of GM's worst designs ever. The radio and heater controls were just a pita to work with..

I too love the venerable 350 cu in small block GM motors. They are tough, run forever, give reasonable power and decent fuel milage.

How you guys doin down there after all those storms?

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

This IS strange. I bought my truck from my then brother-in-law. 2 weeks later, the engine started to knock. Hence, the engine rebuild. Lack of oil changes tends to wear parts!

I too like the grill look. I am partial to my "brush guard". It makes it look unique. I've never seen another one like it. Same goes for the wheels. I've seen them on one other vehicle. They were on the truck when I bought it. I've really grown to like them.

The dashboard/instrument cluster is fairly crude. But, I don't require too many bells & whistles. The AC works and I've updated the stereo system. It's all I need or want.

My wife got me a new paint job last Christmas. It really needed it. Paint was severly faded. Texas and Florida sun will do that. The truck almost looks new. I'm very pleased. I've replaced or fixed just about every piece on the truck. It pulls a boat great and purrs on the highway. It gets about 19-20 mpg on the interstate.

I would like to get a bucket seat for the passenger side and a console/flip down center seat. Right now it has the 60-40 bench seat.

We survived the storms ok. I'm in Sarasota and we only got the outskirts of 3 of the storms. Each time, it was the weaker side. We were very fortunate. My wife went down to Punta Gorda as part of a task force after Charley, and said the destruction was incredible. Everyone seems to be chipping in though. Last night, Outback Steakhouse donated all of the days proceeds to the Hurrican victims. We had a nice dinner there. Thanks for asking!

Tommy

See pic of truck.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a group shot of the old and the new right before i put the old girl on the market
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X