No announcement yet.

American Spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree on the website; I was just thinking that. I think all teams and projects should have a website with merchandise so money can fly outta my wallet year round rather then just sept.

BP
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Seems like a website for race planes under development might just be in order!!

Comment

Thanks to Matt for the update. It's always nice to hear it straight from those who are involved with the project. I for one can't wait for a new airplane to make it to the big show. Good luck to the "American Spirit" team.

Comment

Re: American Spirit

Originally posted by nickle5
          The article states that the nose gear is from a F-100.... Nose Gear? This monster doesn't look like it will sit on tricycle gear to me.
          Let's see: 9700 lbs empty weight, no flaps; fuselage 34 ft long, tricycle gear with the mains only six feet behind the nose wheel; 4200 continuous hp.

Can you say, "It's a handful."?

Can't wait to see (and hear) it in flight, however.
          SteveZ

Comment

American Spirit - for Matt J

Matt,
            Thanks for the comments. Is there any chance it will make an appearance or race in '04? A previous post asked about a website...any plans on that? I guess the million dollar question is: what happens with Voodoo when this plane is ready?
            Thanks,
            Sky Critter

Comment

If memory serves me right, this plane uses the wing off of a T-2 Buckeye....so the main landing gear would be at least mid-way back on the wing chord. With that big engine and prop hanging out front, I don't see any problem with it being on tricycle gear at all. C.G. should be well forward of where the gear is positioned. Nothing worse than, say, a T-28.

Can't wait to see Matt use the speedbreaks on that puppy either.....

Speeddemon

Comment

Working...
              X