No announcement yet.

T-28 Class!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you Leo. When they said jet racing, I saw T-33s, Mig 15s, 17s, 21s, F-86s, F-100, Draken, L-19s, ..... just about anything. I figured to make it more even, no after burners (Hear that Jimmy?) I saw it as a bunch of really unique a/c going around the pylons, not so much as head to head comp but a hell of a site to see.

BP
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
      I'm with you Leo. When they said jet racing, I saw T-33s, Mig 15s, 17s, 21s, F-86s, F-100, Draken, L-19s, ..... just about anything. I figured to make it more even, no after burners (Hear that Jimmy?) I saw it as a bunch of really unique a/c going around the pylons, not so much as head to head comp but a hell of a site to see.
      It's hard for us "die-hard" race fans to judge what the general population of the grandstands are feeling about the Jets, but I don't think the crowd reaction has been what RARA had hoped it would be... at least, not from what I can tell..

I pay attention to them because I have friends who are racing in them and I know they are digging it and love the competittion so I try to get them some good pix of the action (when I'm lucky enough to make my friggin camera do what I want it to )

I agree, the first demo in 2000 was a hoot!

Cheating not only allowed, encouraged.

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Jets

They did it in Mojave. F-86's, T-33's, FJ Furies. It was fun to watch. I don't see it ever being a serious, competative event on a course like Reno's but as a demo, sort of a semi-airshow act, it could be great. Narration would make or break it.
        I've almost worn out the tape of that first year. It was the most fun I've had there in years.
        And why not a little AB for show? It does'nt push those first generation jets that hard.
        Now get an F-100 or F-4(!) on the course with AB and you've got NOISE.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

T-28's

The T-28's did a "demo" race........that's why they were close together- RG
          Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
          RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Working...
          X