Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad day

Agreed.
    "I'd keep playing.....I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite a while now"

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah View Post
      "Flying" being the keyword here. Not because it can because it does....
      Can't fly was flying and hasnt flown in years. Marauder N4297J like the B24 was another buy, fly for a year or two and park airplane. I'm glad it doesn't fly.
      Last edited by John H; 09-11-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

It is a nasty conflict of interests, isn't it.

SEEN
        -----
        On one wing, we have a duty to preserve history for later generations. One-of-a-kind (or nearly so) examples should be given extra care. Racing and performing aerobatics in an ultra-rare airplane seems foolhardy, and perhaps in the deepest of truths, they are.

HEARD
        ------
        On the opposite side, we want to see AND HEAR these fantastic machines do what they were intended to do (the flying, not the shooting part ), and I don't mean by watching old war films. Aircraft buffs (my hand raised) hate to see these incredible war-relics sitting like stuffed animals in a museum, when we'd rather see living, breathing beasts roaring, belching fire and taking flight out in the wild.

Looking at both sides, I can see that I straddle the fence, but I must confess that I feel a little bit selfish for the latter position. I feel like a junkie who needs his hit of warbirds, regardless of the costs to come.

Yep. It's a tough call.

(Maybe some of those Chinese companies who are so good at pirating U.S. products can start copying American warbirds like they do iPads, so everyone who wants to buy and fly one can do so without threatening a historical treasure for the sake of pleasure.)

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-11-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post

(Maybe some of those Chinese companies who are so good at pirating U.S. products can start copying American warbirds like they do iPads, so everyone who wants to buy and fly one can do so without threatening a historical treasure for the sake of pleasure.)

That would be awesome, except that I'd have to peel the "Made in China" sticker off the bottom of the wing....

Comment

Working...
          X