The Big Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Question

So why not bring up what we do every year... Who wins on sunday and who comes behind??? Let's change things up a little though, instead of "most likely", how bout what do you hope happens? I'll start...
    1st: Furias
    2nd: Precious Metal (tehehe)
    3rd. Strega
    4th: 232
    5th: Bear
    If this actually happens... I don't know what to say
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: The Big Question

If that happens, take their race numbers and go buy a lotto ticket in Cali....

You have about the same odds..

wolfee

Comment

That's EZ a Gold Race on Sunday would be a nice change.
      I don't mean to sound sarcastic.
      The big race on Sunday and nobody crashes all week long , I'll go home happy.

Comment

Originally posted by john&marlene View Post
        That's EZ a Gold Race on Sunday would be a nice change.
        I don't mean to sound sarcastic.
        The big race on Sunday and nobody crashes all week long , I'll go home happy.
        I second john&marlene's wishes!

Comment

Alright so here's my wishes for this year's race:
          1. Precious Metal
          2. Furias
          3. Strega
          4. September Fury
          *and for 5 I would normally vote for a favorite but lets go with an underdog.*
          5. Argonaut

This should be a great race.
          Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory...

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Division View Post
            Alright so here's my wishes for this year's race:
            1. Precious Metal
            2. Furias
            3. Strega
            4. September Fury
            *and for 5 I would normally vote for a favorite but lets go with an underdog.*
            5. Argonaut

This should be a great race.
            Yeah if Sawbones, Dreadnaught, the Bear, and Miss America break down first
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I'll 3rd the above statement. I don't really care who wins. I'm hoping for a safe year and lots of good racing. Ideally, no maydays, no blown engines......and everyone runs strong and healthy, and we all go home saying, "Best Air Races Ever"
              Brian

Comment

[QUOTE=GRNDP51;104708]Yeah if Sawbones, Dreadnaught, the Bear, and Miss America break down first [/QU

Haha good point.

Comment

I'm with Brian and the others: hopin' for best races ever!

Now, for wishes: 1st: Strega

In actuality: 1st: Strega

The witch is dang fast, and she'll be showin' broom-bristles and prop-wash to the rest of the pack.

This is gonna be SO fun............

Comment

It may sound corny, but considering that this event could have been extinct by now after what happened last year, I have to say that we are the big winners for 2012

But considering the pack, I put it fifty/fifty between the Witch and the Bear. It's gonna be quite a battle!

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
                      It may sound corny, but considering that this event could have been extinct by now after what happened last year, I have to say that we are the big winners for 2012

[center]
                      [center]

^ Dogge........now THAT is a cool image. And you're EXACTLY right: due to past events, we ARE all the big winners.

See ya on the ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post

But considering the pack, I put it fifty/fifty between the Witch and the Bear. It's gonna be quite a battle!

That picture is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                          I'll 3rd the above statement. I don't really care who wins. I'm hoping for a safe year and lots of good racing. Ideally, no maydays, no blown engines......and everyone runs strong and healthy, and we all go home saying, "Best Air Races Ever"
                          Brian
                          I agree with this thought! Looking forward to seeing some radial action after months of build and test time. Our team worked hard for this year!

Comment

Strega does the first 3 laps at 530.

Then Bear says Fcuk iT, passes Strega creating "shock and awe". September Fury pounding around the course right behind. Oh crap, now PM, SF and Furias battle for position, OMG!! , swapping positions multiple times.

Strega pushes it back up to 159"MP, now neck and neck with Bear, engines glowing inside the cowling as the cool overcast skies sillouette the field jockeying for position, over and over.... Strega recovers lead and then the "Bear Gas" begins to flow and Bear increases power to unsafe levels never before even contemplated taking a nose at record speed, diving down past the Checkered Flag by a HAIR in the lead it's~!??

Too close to call. OMG then best Sunday Reno Gold EVER>
                            Tom Johnson,
                            Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
                            www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

Originally posted by tjyak50 View Post
                              Strega does the first 3 laps at 530.

Then Bear says Fcuk iT, passes Strega creating "shock and awe". September Fury pounding around the course right behind. Oh crap, now PM, SF and Furias battle for position, OMG!! , swapping positions multiple times.

Strega pushes it back up to 159"MP, now neck and neck with Bear, engines glowing inside the cowling as the cool overcast skies sillouette the field jockeying for position, over and over.... Strega recovers lead and then the "Bear Gas" begins to flow and Bear increases power to unsafe levels never before even contemplated taking a nose at record speed, diving down past the Checkered Flag by a HAIR in the lead it's~!??

Too close to call. OMG then best Sunday Reno Gold EVER>
                              Save some of what your smoking for me please

Comment

Working...
                              X