Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Strega's last year?

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
    Both Bear and Strega ARE the winningest unlimiteds of all time. I hate seeing the rivalry end. This year should be epic!
    I'm not a numbers historian by any stretch, so exactly how many championships do Bear and Strega have? And What about Dago Red, which totally dominated Bear and Strega for quite a few years there? Dago Red was my personal favorite racer, nothing against Strega and Voodoo. I know some of it relates to owner pocket depth, but Dago Red just seemed to have everything together more often than not.

Comment

Strega has almost as many championships, as it has 'had it's last year', according to Tiger. It seems every year 'will be his last'...

Joseph

Comment

Wonder for how long will Tiger keep her until she shares the 'tarmac' with Conquest I ???

Bob

Comment

Has Steve said what he's going to do next? Hey, I know, maybe he will buy Voodoo!!! Lol, a guy can dream can't he!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
            I'm not a numbers historian by any stretch, so exactly how many championships do Bear and Strega have? And What about Dago Red, which totally dominated Bear and Strega for quite a few years there? Dago Red was my personal favorite racer, nothing against Strega and Voodoo. I know some of it relates to owner pocket depth, but Dago Red just seemed to have everything together more often than not.
            OK, so here is the deal on the final score IF in fact Strega is retired from air racing. If you are only counting Sunday Gold class wins in Reno, then going into the 2012 race they were tied at 10 each. this being the tie breaker Strega now has 11 to the Rare Bear's10. But since the Mojave, Miami, Cape May, Phoenix and Hamilton Wins also count add in 5 or 6 more for the Rare Bear airframe. I think I am brain fading on 1 or 2 more other event wins for Strega. So with Reno wins the current win tips the scale to Strega but overall Rare Bear has the most wins. BigJim will correct me as needed. TIA.
            Last edited by BellCobraIV; 09-17-2012, 02:50 AM.
            John Slack

Comment

liveairshowtv on youtube has a interview with tiger just the other day saying there calling it quits because of money. He did say that if some corporation threw 200,000 dollars at them they would keep going lol

Comment

Working...
              X