AAFO Hats, Shirts, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AAFO Hats, Shirts, etc.

OK, time for stage two of the selection process. Let me provide some refined examples following the last suggested guidelines.

This is a collection of color and design variations based on the chosen theme. Changes are small from item to item:

As for ShermB's alternate slogan suggestion, here's a few samples:

Lastly, and just for my own curiosity, one for fans who like white hats (and even white T-shirts...hint-hint...):

Awaiting further suggestions...
    Last edited by AirDOGGe; 08-07-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

It's a toss-up between #1 and #3 for me. Can't decide between the plane being solid gold or outlined, but definitely gold for the Gold races! I like both slogans, but the headquarters one strikes my fancy.
      Lemme know when and where to send $$,

Tom

Comment

If you were to put a #4 on the second graphic with the red plane I would buy 3

Comment

I'd vote for "Air Race Fan HeadQuarters". I do like the idea of the gold plane for the Gold Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            Gonna try to score a couple kegs of the wonderful local brew, Fort George Brewery, (Astoria, http://fortgeorgebrewery.com) to have around in camp....

I may not have any brain cells left after this 10-11 days at the World's Fastest Motorsport, livin' in a trailer with my "boss" (NOT BEERNAZI), but I'm going to be there for every single last second I can manage!

Let me know how that works, I have a big charcoal BBQ I could bring ifins you are thinkin of a real bbq type gathering. I am better funded this year so............ Maybe a real AAFO bbq could happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
              If you were to put a #4 on the second graphic with the red plane I would buy 3

Dunno about special orders, unless it's a "cost is no object" situation.

Anywhowhatwhere,.....your request visualized:

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 08-08-2012, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Mr AirDOGGe,
                That graphic brings tears to my eyes. Thanks man

Comment

I'll put my ideas in here. For embroidered hats we have more width than height and all lettering must be more than a 1/4 inch in height. The larger the better they show. My suggestion would be to choose one of the designs with the lines on the side and the airplane solid not outlined. outlines distort easy and lines through letters tend to cause the letter to distort. When you decide on a design I will set it up to run on hats.

Dan

Comment

Dan, you are the man!!

Could you do something with this one?

If so, I'll pony for 100 and hope for the best with sales to recoup costs and fund the site with the leftovers!!

I'll start pre-delivery sales on site as soon as we can nail the design!!

Pumped!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                      Dan, you are the man!!

Could you do something with this one?

If so, I'll pony for 100 and hope for the best with sales to recoup costs and fund the site with the leftovers!!

I'll start pre-delivery sales on site as soon as we can nail the design!!

Pumped!
                      I prefer this one.

Comment

Here's a narrowed version of the above graphic for better fit on the front of a hat, as per Wayne's suggestion:

Note that these are 800-pixel wide samples. The finished graphic can be more like 4000-px. wide for sharpness and minimal pixalization. I know larger images are better for T-shirts anyway.

And not to throw a wrench into the decision-works, but I'm already nursing another idea that came to me last night in a dream...Well, actually while day-dreaming (I couldn't sleep!)

The slogan was changed as well to separate AAFO from the Red Bull type of racing...Maybe we can save it for next year's hats

The idea went roughly like this:

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 08-08-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I like a couple of the others, but this is much cleaner, and can be read in a single glance. If you aren't a speed reader you might be accused of staring at the wearer, jes sayin'.
                          I will buy one, Wayne.

Need a central place to store and distribute them? NAG Shack could help.

Comment

I really like the last graphic. I think that having the plane describing an arc shows more about the air racing we all love so much.

If the mustang is gonna stay yellow, can you add Old Yellers number?

I dont know why, but I like to see numbers on the planes.

Comment

I too like the swoosh but I'm learning about embroidry a bit by talking with Dan "Embedad" of Crystal Clear Logos... (Voodoo guys)

I'm also looking at the hat Dan made me a couple years ago and how he had to work with the AAFO.com thing to keep it narrow... the dot com thing is underneith the aafo...

Oh geez.... the girls just won the beach volly ball gold.... don't want to drift off topic but... gotta love these two!!

Anyway.. it's gonna happen, I'm going to try to encorporate the best of what you guys and gals have come up with.. I'm really jazzed that we're finally going to actually "buy and sell" something that says aafo.com on it!

We air race fans number pretty large... it's about time we start making it easy for folks to show what they are a part of and help build our numbers..

This sport can continue to flourish with a single venue per year, it makes it that much more special.. Remember when Indy was hallowed ground, tred on only one period of time each year?

National Championship Air Racing is as closely related to the old Indy sense of purpose, "we've got one race to show what we've got style", as any other motorsport I can think of.

Not quite counting down the days yet... I'd probably chit my pants if I actually knew how many days were left between today and Sept 8 when we pick up the camp trailer we've rented..

Anyone else getting excited?
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Getting excited? I keep thinking "Geez, it's AUGUST already. Here they come around the September pylon!!"

Getting jumpy is more like it. C.mon Sept!

Comment

Working...
                                X