Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RACES ON!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you NCOT!!! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RACES ON!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you NCOT!!! :-)

Congratulations to all the people that made this unique event too happen every year.

Comment

GREAT NEWS, THANKS TO ALL, I can't wait.
      Brian

Comment

I am so proud of, and grateful for the Nevada Commission on Tourism's priorities and conviction, that this action shows, that I could just bust!!!

I've got goosebumps, a HUGE lump in my throat, and an even bigger grin that I can't wipe off my face!!!

Lets flood NCOT with a GAZILLION thank you letters!!!

Faith in humanity restored BIGTIME,
        Chuck Roundy
        Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Hi guys,

I've fought this decision on a daily basis for 10 months now,I am definitely going to the races. My friends that were there are too. One of them was at my gig last Sat, just by coincidence , and it's his " Hell yeah I'm going to Reno " boast, and seeing all his exciting marketing party plans that really kind of did me in. I ain't missing that bus Jim!!! Reading your enthusiastic posts daily has also slowly pushed me over the edge. I always have left it open. I also know this: if it were me that wasn't here, I would not want Reno to stop. If we can get a good year in and finally get a Gold race at last we can start at last move on from the terrible tragedy.
          Last edited by John H; 07-26-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Just got back from Oshkosh....Got to hear the news in advance from the RARA tent but had to keep it under my hat....I am still giving bucks....Personally, I think it would be a good thing if state and local govt gives bucks too as they make lots of tax dollars....
            Other notes....
            Mr. O and the big 4360 Corsair "74" did a great demo as usual, by the way. 2 Thunder mustangs...and 74 by the RARA tent .NTSB had a very interesting display of the Reno crash...a big mural of images from the flight at critical times...will try and post pics later...6 guys at the NTSB have been working on the accident and the board will conviene in three weeks.....look for some suprises in the report. They didnt swear me to secrecy but in a case of this import I dont want to get anything wrong.
            Just sayin'. A-36 was awesome. I am sure Mr. Adams will post some good pics. Great slide show and movie about Glacier Girl. Saw some other great lectures....I am voting for Col. C. McGee (Redtails) for president. At 92, the guy is great and sharp as a tack. He is a big BoyScout supporter and he says that if we all adopted their mottos and cread, plus found a passion and and chased it, like he chased flying, this would be a better country. Didnt know he flew for 27 out of the 30 years he was in the service and had the most number of combat missions of anyone in the Airforce over three wars....
            Will put pics up on my photobucket site and post a link....
            Chris who just drove 1800 miles in 2.5 days

Comment

12 mil per day is a way big incentive for the greater Reno area to turn down. That boils down to 500k/hr. Business as usual. Good for NCOT to step forward and save us all. A big thanks to Mike and crew for a job very well done. Billboard of Sparknot downtown Leo? My God...whod a thunk. See y'all in 40 days or so.

Comment

Yep, Steve. Right on 395 by the GSR. One of those fancy changing ones. Sparky banked around a pylon. Do you get residuals?
                Looking forward to the week. See you then!

New GG info? Hope they found a definitive cause and workable solution.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

FYI here are my pics from the NTSB OSH booth....six guys, one year of work...laying out whats left, studying changes made to the control system, etc....sorry for the quality but it is readable.
                  Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Great news. Can anyone confirm that RARA has the funds to meet the insurance? I don't see anything on the RARA site.

Come on tell me good news...

Comment

It has been on the National news wires., the Reno papers and news, even in my little town there was ana article. The Convention Bureau people have given RARA $600,000 for the insurance payment. It has also been on all racing and aviation boards, so don't know how you misssed it.

NCOT = to be precise. You might google them and send them a thank you letter. They are base in Carson City, and the Lt. Govenor seemed to be the spokesman in the interviews.
                      Last edited by ShermB; 08-02-2012, 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling errors - fingers don't work as fast as the brain ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
                        It has been on the National news wires., the Reno papers and news, even in my little town there was ana article. The Convention Bureau people have given RARA $600,000 for the insurance payment. It has also been on all racing and aviation boards, so don't know how you misssed it.

NCOT = to be precise. You might google them and send them a thank you letter. They are base in Carson City, and the Lt. Govenor seemed to be the spokesman in the interviews.
                        Good Idea....
                        Mailing Address

Nevada Commission on Tourism
                        401 North Carson Street
                        Carson City, NV 89701

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call Us
                        •Direct: (775) 687-4322
                        •Toll-free: 1-800-NEVADA-8
                        •Fax: (775) 687-6779

Betty, here are my OSH pics.
                        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Working...
                        X