Thunder over Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thunder over Reno

My copy of Thunder Over Reno came with a shovel to bury it after watching. Just kidding of course!

The acting was really bad but it was great to see the planes.

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
      Your computer is doing you a favor.
      ^This^

Comment

Someone should take the movie and overdub all the dialog with a new and funny script, as Woody Allen did when he created the clever "What's Up, Tiger Lily" from a stock, Asian-produced spy film.

You could have hysterical laughter AND great flying footage at the same time.

Comment

I've got a VHS with Laurel & Hardy in the "Flying Deuces". Now thats funny. They join the Foreign Legion & try to escape in a plane they can't fly. Any bids. B&W 70 mins.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

They should release another version of the film with all the aircraft footage included even if it was unedited. This would probably sell better than the original.

Comment

"Flying Deuces".
              And Ollie sings and dances. Big L&H fan.

Airdog, I like that idea. Back in the eighties there was a late night movie show where they did just that. Never thought Power Rangers could be so funny...
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Reno_Steve View Post
                They should release another version of the film with all the aircraft footage included even if it was unedited. This would probably sell better than the original.
                There was such a thing...I have one...If they're still available, it's worth it.

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Comment

Leo,
                  I think your talking about "Mystery Science Theater 3000". They made those movies so funny with their overdubbs! They did that on Alan Thicke's talk show also. Good times!!

I really don't think TOR is all that bad of a movie. It's got some great flying scenes, and they used real race pilots. It's not Indiana Jones, but I don't think it was ever supposed to be. I would like to get the version with all the added flying scenes!

Race 29
                  Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
                    There was such a thing...I have one...If they're still available, it's worth it.

http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showthread.php?t=5761
                    Unfortunately, I remember there was some heartburn over this release.. I've seen a lot of the unused stuff from the movie, some if it pure art! There's a shot taken of Super dropping the gear... you can actually see the compression of the air coming off the wings, simply goose bump raising stuff!

Mitch... you reading this?
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                      I really don't think TOR is all that bad of a movie. It's got some great flying scenes, and they used real race pilots. It's not Indiana Jones, but I don't think it was ever supposed to be
                      I love you man!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

And I love you man! Your still not getting my Bud Light though!

Just kidding, You can have my Bud Light.

Race 29
                        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                        X