Good News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News

Over on airrace.org, I noticed a) that insurance has been procured and b) that the F-22 will be performing.

Are there any other hurdles left? FAA waiver?

Re: Good News

They even have the count down clock back up. :-)

Things are slowing getting back to a new normal.

Come on September.

Comment

Originally posted by tim View Post
      Over on airrace.org, I noticed a) that insurance has been procured and b) that the F-22 will be performing.

Are there any other hurdles left? FAA waiver?
      FAA Waiver still needed and I wouldn't count on an F-22 demo unless they get all the issues sorted with them. They are all semi-grounded at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        FAA Waiver still needed and I wouldn't count on an F-22 demo unless they get all the issues sorted with them. They are all semi-grounded at this point.
        At least we are still on the schedule.....

The waiver doesnt scare me....they got one for PRS, didnt they?

The insurance was the big thing. After the 2007 trageties and the 2010 Thunder mustang incident, I was really worried if they would get insurance for 2011....

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
          At least we are still on the schedule.....

The waiver doesnt scare me....they got one for PRS, didnt they?

The insurance was the big thing. After the 2007 trageties and the 2010 Thunder mustang incident, I was really worried if they would get insurance for 2011....
          I am not sure they have the waiver for PRS yet either. Is the insurance actually paid for yet? I know Mike Helton said they have insurers willing to write the event, but with the premiums increase I think they are still looking for funding.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
            I am not sure they have the waiver for PRS yet either. Is the insurance actually paid for yet? I know Mike Helton said they have insurers willing to write the event, but with the premiums increase I think they are still looking for funding.
            Judging by the wording, I think insurance is done (emphasis mine).

May. 22, 2012

Race Insurance Secured

Mike Houghton announced that RARA has obtained race insurance for September. We have a 100,000,000 dollar policy in place. We now have our permit and insurance so plan on attending the National Championship Air Races. Be sure to get your tickets early!!!
            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

More Laphroiag!!

Comment

Working...
              X