Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Connie comes home to Chino 1-14-2012

From the Yanks Air Museum website...
    "all aircraft continue to be restored to airworthy condition and to the original manufacturer’s specifications."

All I know for sure is... POF aircraft are seen (almost) daily flying over our house

A Big Thank You to Steve, Tom, and all the museum staff, directors and volunteers at Planes Of Fame.

Keep 'em Flying.

Bob

Comment

Oh, awesome news for you maybe.

I used to be in heaven down here in Camarillo. We used to have two connies and now we have none. Europe took one and now you guys down in Chino took the other. Nearly every weekend the now Breitling connie would fly over. Man, the hum of those engines were something else. This weekend I watched the one bound for Chino fly over a few times before departing for good. One last chance to hear those engines roar. I'm afraid I will never get to hear that sound again. Hopefully the rumors are true that the one in Europe will makes its way back to Camarillo . We had two and now you stole our last one!!!

I'm saddend

Comment

I use to be a Lockheed field rep. @ G&H Tech in Camarillo. I use to go over to the CAF (China Doll) & would go over & look at the "Connies" with flat tires & bird nests in the engines. I was glad when they got them flying again. We have to give Howard Hughes some of the credit for the design of them.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

lol yeah flat tires and birds nesting, so true. The one the just left for Chino has been sitting for a decade, so in a way I am really glad to see her go and hopefully get fully operational again. Rather have her flying than sitting for the nesting birds.

Comment

Working...
          X