Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Czech Mate flies again - well sorta

Originally posted by Jeff E View Post
    Wow.. really. That is an awesome covering job. Ive been into RC for years and years. Been working on a WEB RC show for the last year or so as well. Trying to find the niche.

Usually that Chrome Monocoat gets pretty scratched when people put it on.
    Excellent job..
    J
    Best of luck with the web show Jeff. Please provide more info if you have some to share about the project. Regarding the chrome Monokote, I can't even look at the stuff without scuffing it! Robert just has the "touch". The black finish on the Hellcat is only slightly better than the chrome when it comes to scuffing. On my Perestroika rendition I'm considering Flite Metal for the fuselage rather than Monokote.

Comment

Originally posted by C_roundy View Post
      The 2nd link is to the thread I started to show our model, and to give thanks again. When you look at our orange Rare Bear, you will see that we did not try to match the "CopperFrost". But as a scale modeler yourself, when you look at the airframe, and the placement of paint lines, and our custom recreated graphics, hopefully you can tell we put a fair amount of work towards scale accuracy. Somehow I feel certain Lyle would have liked it.
      Best Regards, Chuck Roundy
      http://aafo.com/hangartalk/showthread.php?t=8484
      I remember this thread Chuck. You guys did a spectacular job. I like this scheme on the Bear (I always called it "Salmon" color) but my favorite was the short lived white/green/blue. My brother and I have a KMP Bearcat we plan to strip and re-finish in either the Gulfhawk colors or possibly the red/black G-58 as operated by Roger Kahn on behalf of Grumman. Anybody know the story behind the unusual Aeroproducts prop on this one?

Comment

BITCHIN!!
        Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

From one r/c builder to another - very impressive!

Comment

Finally got it all finished up. This should, hopefully, keep folks from calling it a Hughes Racer!

Comment

Great Job. Bring it to Reno. There could be a contest/show by all that have Race models by showing up with them at Reno 2012. Maybe a Trophy for the one voted the best. They could be on display in one of the hangers. (Any Race Class)
              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                Great Job. Bring it to Reno. There could be a contest/show by all that have Race models by showing up with them at Reno 2012. Maybe a Trophy for the one voted the best. They could be on display in one of the hangers. (Any Race Class)
                That actually could be a really cool "side show" at Reno. Have classes for static models as well as flying models. We'd have to get a static scale four blader put on "Czech Mate" to doll it up a bit.

Comment

Truly amazing plane.

That model didn't miss any facet of Czech Mate's awesomness.

I will shoot people down in aces high today flying only the yak as a tribute to this awesome modeling.

Comment

I agree with what Lockheed Bob said. I looked it up and there is an IPMS chapter there in Reno and they had a contest there a few days before the races last year. It was a block away.

If there was a part of a hangar that could be set aside for this contest during the races, I think it would help cover all facets of aviation interests. I know the grown ups and kids alike would love to see this. It would also give the plastic slingin AAFO'ers a place to showcase their works of art. I know I would bring mine.
                    John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Veich View Post
                      The model is essentially 1/6 scale....the airplane probably tops out in the 140-150 mph range.
                      150 X 6 = smokin'
                      Bill Garnett
                      InterstellarDust
                      Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Working...
                      X